It’s a universal truth that today’s customers are more demanding than ever before. Every business should understand the importance of a great customer experience. They don’t compare you with your direct competitors but compare you with the best service and experience they ever had. So, how to create an unforgettable customer experience, an experience that makes your customers want to do business with your company and no one else.
Let’s explore 11 great ways to create an “Unforgettable Customer Experience.”
Address Your Customers by Name
- Send Personalized Messages/Replies
- Turning Customer Mistakes into Unforgettable Experiences
- Reward Your Loyal Customers
- Offer Omnichannel Support
- Value your Customer’s Time
- Respond on Social Media
- Use of auto-replies
- Straightforward Refund Policy
- Provide a Trial Period
- Make Feedback Surveys Part of your Brand
1. Address Your Customers by Name
The best way to offer personalized customer experience is by calling them by their names- in person or over the phone/email. It has been observed that people become ecstatic when they hear the name.
2. Send Personalized Messages/Replies
How often do you reach out with automatic personalized emails or messages to your consumers when they purchase or sign up for a free trial of a product? If yes, then you are helping your users becoming familiar with your product and services.
Benefits of Personalized Emails:
- Have 29% higher open rates
- Have 41% higher click rates
- Deliver 6 times more transaction rates
Tips for personalizing messages you send to customers:
- Use the recipient’s name
- Try to send a message in the customer’s native language
- Use a friendly or informal tone and style of writing
- Use a personalized email to send the message instead of a generic corporate one
One should never underestimate the power of thanking your customers for doing business with you.
Around 60% of brands lose a customer because they felt that the brand was too “indifferent” towards them.
3. Turning Customer Mistakes into Unforgettable Experiences
Sometimes it’s not the company which makes a mistake, but the customer. In spite of a client’s fault, you should try to resolve the issue. It will show how much a brand cares about cares about the consumers.
Let’s try to understand this with the help of a great customer success story of Warby Parker.
A client forgot his glasses on the train, and the person (Anjali Kumar, a senior executive at Warby Parker) who sat across from them recovered the glasses. She also sent an extra pair of new glasses with a personalized note. The customer was so happy with the experience that it even got published in Forbes with the title “Heroic Customer Service by a Senior Executive at Warby Parker.”
4. Reward Your Loyal Customers
Modern-day consumers want personalization. It drives more sales and customer loyalty. The best technique to offer them a personalized feel is to create a loyalty program since it is easier for you to collect data.
After analyzing data from numerous reward programs, “it’s been observed that 79% of customers are more satisfied with a high degree of personalization.”
The idea is to win loyal customers with an experience they won’t forget anytime soon, which is relevant as per their taste.
For instance, suppose you run a brewery. You could reward your long-term clients with free beer delivered right to their doorstep, but why not give them a surprise by making a scenic tour of your brewery rather?
5. Offer Omni-Channel Support
How convenient is it for your consumers to get in touch with you?One of the most common complaints of SaaS consumers is getting live support, which can take days. Omni-channel support means having a presence and customer experience strategy on any channel where your customers are active.
Consumers nowadays use multiple channels and devices to shop around. It’s convenient and easy. Your support strategy needs to cover everything.
For example, if you run a chain of retail stores, then it should cover:
- In-person interactions with the staff
- Social media support
- Email and Phone Support
- Live chat support
It will ensure that customers will have a flawless experience, no matter what channel they use.
Approximately 64% of consumers expect you to offer them access to real-time support no matter the channel they use
6. Value your Customer’s Time
When customers encounter an issue with your products/services or have an inquiry regarding your brand name nowadays, they expect a fast resolution. Think of it-- individuals today don’t typically have a lot of leisure time. Hence, spending even half an hour dealing with client assistance can seriously damage consumer satisfaction levels.
The best thing a brand can do as a part of great customer support is to “value their time.”
7. Respond on Social Media
When consumers contact your brand on social media- to ask for support, leave a complaint or ask a question- they’re doing it because it’s easy and convenient.
As per an online research, approximately 42% of consumers expect a response from your brand within 60 mins after posting a complaint. 32% of them expect a response within 30 minutes!
If you don’t respond to people on time, then they will start complaining about it on social media. Overall it’s in your best interest to have a team of employees who can focus on tracking and responding to social media comments.
8. Use of Auto-Replies
Auto-replies are a perfect idea to ensure that they give consumers a clear indication that their message has been received. Some people often think their requests or question didn’t go through if they don’t receive confirmation. Try to make them more engaging and personalized.
Examples of Auto-Replies:
You can keep a subject line of the auto-reply more friendly like“Hi – thanks for getting in touch. We’re on it.” Instead of keeping it as “We received your support request.”
9. Straightforward Refund Policy
It's a great idea to offer a money-back assurance to customers, given that it increases their trust levels in your brand name. It additionally makes the entire buying experience feel more risk-free, so individuals are most likely to try your services and products.
- Keep your money-back refund policy flexible and lenient. A 30-day guarantee is fantastic, but you can constantly go the extra mile to wow your consumers with a 60 or 90-day warranty.
- Keep the complex refund terms and legal jargon on your Terms of Services page, and have a different landing page or Frequently Asked Question(FAQ) section talking about just how your refund policy works in simple terms.
10. Provide a Trial Period
With a free trial, consumers are much less stressed concerning the purchaser's remorse and risk investments since there's no upfront cost. Incorporate a properly-done free trial with a decent refund policy, and you have got a way to motivate people to experiment with your services and products.
A couple of things to keep in mind about free trials:
- Never ask people for credit card details at the time of registering for a trial account.
- Let users use their social media accounts for registration – it’s much easier for them.
- Let trial users explore as many features as possible so that they can experience the real value of your product/service.
- Don’t be aggressive with promoting your subscriptions throughout the trial period. You can have a "Pricing/Upgrade" tab existing in the trial version, or alert customers regarding upgrading to the paid version when the trial period is over.
11. Make Feedback Surveys Part of your Brand
Consumer feedback is one of the essential assets a company can have. It can let any brand know a lot about your customer satisfaction levels since feedback is a clear sign of exactly how satisfied customers are with your brand, services, and products in general.
Do not simply wait for customers to leave feedback-- be proactive and inquire for it whenever you get an opportunity. Send them a survey after the acquisition or communication with your support team to locate how satisfied they were with your business.
- Social media polls are the best ways to ask customers to rate about their experience with your brand they like the most or to comment on what improvements they’d like to see.
- Make sure to run surveys to determine clients' responses and expectations whenever you plan to launch a new feature, product, or service. Why? Since it's a best method to improve consumer satisfaction levels.
Make sure to constantly evolve your customer experience strategy to meet your customer’s needs and align with your business goals. Stay abreast of what’s trending within your industry so that you can stay ahead on those trends. Refine your customer experience strategy whenever it’s required. What makes a business stand out from the rest is a memorable customer experience. Implementing different ways to create customer experience strategy will help your company secure long-term customers who will be your brand advocates.