Show related guide
- Survey Collection Channels Guide
- Benefits of Collecting Surveys Through Survey Channel
- Types of Survey Distribution Channels
- Which Survey Channel to Use and When in Industries & Sector
- Which Survey Channel to Use in Airport & Airlines
- Which Survey Channel to Use in Hospital
- Which channel of survey to use in Restaurant
- Which Survey Channel to Use in Retail, Shopping and eCommerce Sector
- Which Survey Channel to Use and When For Audiences
Restaurant Feedback is a sure shot way to measure and understand your customer's perception about your restaurant's food, staff and service. It enables you to track whether your customers are satisfied and happy with the quality of what you offer at your restaurant, without any guesswork. Besides offering the tasty food to the customers, a restaurant owner also has the responsibility of delivering the finest dining experience. So, if you want to improve the dining experience of your diners, you need to ask them about their experience.
Which Channel of Survey to Use in Restaurant
As a restaurateur or a customer service executive at the restaurant, using a Restaurant Feedback Software makes a lot of sense to really streamline the process of taking customer feedback instead of using manual mechanisms that don't give any concrete feedback analytics. With the restaurant survey tools, a restaurant owner can easily take valuable customer feedback without biases in different ways:
If you want to get instant real-time customer feedback about the dining experience, then you can:
- On-Premises Feedback - iPads or Android tablets while handling bills to them. Even customers are also comfortable in giving on-premises feedback on this on-the-spot feedback system. A good on-premises iPad Customer Feedback App will also run in the offline mode, i.e. without WiFi so you're able to get from your customers without relying on good internet connectivity.
- Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) - You can set up as kiosks as well at various touchpoints including reception, restroom, visitors lounge, etc. You can also employ a kiosk feedback system near the buffet area to know the guest experience about the food menu, taste, quality, and hygiene.
- Cafes - QR Code is the best way to communicate with your customers after they’ve made a purchase or used your service in your cafe. You can print QR codes on the bill receipt through which customers can scan to give feedback. You can also send an email survey a few weeks after the purchase.
When it comes to taking customer feedback about home delivery, then there are many simplest and quick ways that can help you to get reliable and real-time instant feedback. Some of the best ways are:
- Print survey’s link either on the bill receipts or on the delivery boxes - You can print your survey link either on the bill receipt or on the delivery boxes. This will help the customers to quickly visit the given survey link and give their feedback about a delivery, food quality, and much more.
- Print QR Code either on the bill receipts or on the delivery boxes- The QR Code is considered to be the simplest way to get digital feedback. If you want to know your guest's perspective about food and services, then provide them with the QR Code either printed on the bill receipt or on the delivery boxes. This practice of acquiring feedback can save the time of both the party.
- Send Email or SMS Surveys - Email and SMS as survey channels are being widely used in the restaurant and hospitality industry. You can share your survey through SMS post-delivery or after a delay of 3-4 hours. You can also share your survey via email or embed your feedback survey question (NPS, CSAT, and CES) in the email body itself.
Importance of Collecting Customer Feedback at Restaurant
Did You Know?63% CX professionals use customer feedback to prioritize investment in better products, services and customer experiences.
Collecting customer feedback at restaurant help you to keep yourself a breast of your guest needs and expectations. Here are other few compelling reasons that can convince you to collect restaurant feedback from your customers pronto:
Why You Should Collect Customer Feedback at Restaurant
- To Ensure Long-Term Customer Relationship
- To Meet Customer Expectation
- To Improve Online Reputation Management (ORM)
- To Improve/Update Your Menu
- To Gain Insights About Your Competitors
1. To Ensure Long-Term Customer Relationship
Taking customer feedback regularly cannot only improve the customer satisfaction level but also helps you to develop a healthy and long-term relationship with your customers. If your customer provides you with the negative reviews/feedback, then don’t ignore it. Never try to be defensive about the negative reviews, always react positively to it and make an apology along with the commitment to deliver the improved experience in the future.
2. To Meet Customer Expectations
Collecting customer feedback is futile exercise unless you don’t analyze it and take suitable action based on the results. The motive behind collecting restaurant feedback from customers is to identify the Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats of the business. This one-one interaction of customers and restaurateur helps restaurateur to identify the needs of customers in detail and serve them with the fantastic CX (Customer Experience) that exceeds their expectations.
3. To Improve Online Reputation Management (ORM)
The advent of online websites has not only transformed the operational capabilities of consumers but has also influenced diner decision-making. Before choosing any restaurant, most of the customers take a tour to the review section on social media networking sites or other review sites.
Thus, the restaurateur must maintain the ORM of his restaurant business. If your website or social media platforms have a long history of positive feedback, it cannot only improve your online reputation but also coagulate your restaurant as a brand in the online space.
4. To Update/Improve Your Menu
Sometimes, visitors in the restaurant look for unique dishes and expect from you to serve. When you ask your visitors to give feedback, they will mention their custom requirements. If you pay heed to their feedback and commit them to deliver the same, then they revisit your restaurant. Along with this, you will get the chance to add great dishes and update your menu.
5. To Gain Insights About Your Competitors
One of the most important benefits you can avail from getting restaurant feedback from your customers is that you can learn about your competitors. Your customers’ reviews can help you to know whether you are level ahead of your competitors or not. This, in turn, provides you with the opportunity to improve your services and become leading service providers in this domain.
Therefore, Customer feedback at restaurant cannot only improve your services and revamp your menu but also helps you to deliver your guests with what they want. So, if you are not collecting your restaurant feedback from customers, then start now and take your restaurant business to the next level.
Restaurant Feedback Questions
Since you've decided the survey channel to interact with your customers, now you need to focus on the design elements and content of your survey. The content of the restaurant feedback form is also determine the response rate of your survey. So, If you want to get actionable restaurant feedback from your customers, then support your feedback with the right questions.
Here, we are compiling some really great survey question ideas that can you to drive productive customer-powered data:
Important Restaurant Feedback Questions
When you start creating a restaurant survey, you must include three of the most important questions. These questions are:
- How was your overall experience at the restaurant?
- What was your best experience at the restaurant?
- What was your worst experience at the restaurant?
Here, these questions are described as most important because they will let you know the core aspects of your restaurant business which you should focus on, for improving your business.
You will be able to focus more on the aspects which your guests think are worst and thus improve your business by taking effective business decisions about them. Likewise, you will get to know the strengths and will work on maintaining them to strengthen your business.
General Restaurant Feedback Questions
Here are some questions of general nature which you should ask from your customers to know about how they came to know about you and visited your restaurant. This also includes asking about some basics of your restaurant that help you to know general perception of the customers about your restaurant.
- How did you get to know about our restaurant?
- When did you visit our restaurant for the first time?
- Is the place easily accessible?
- Are the timings of the restaurant convenient?
- Would you like to visit again to this restaurant?
- How likely would you recommend this restaurant to your family or friends? (Net Promoter Score Survey question)
Facilities Related Restaurant Feedback Questions
Facilities Feedback Questions are those which you ask to obtain feedback regarding cleanliness and other support facilities of the restaurant.
- Was the cleanliness of the restroom up to the mark?
- Were the seats at the restaurant comfortable?
- Was the restaurant staff supportive in everything?
- Did you like the music and sound quality?
- Was the volume of the music optimum?
- How would you rate the overall hygiene and cleanliness of the restaurant?
Food & Cuisine Related Feedback Questions
As you know, the main reason for anybody to visit a restaurant is food. This makes it the most necessary to take the feedback of your food and cuisine at your restaurant. This feedback will help you improve on your quality, taste and menu.
- How would you rate the quality of the food at our restaurant?
- Is there anything which you feel should be on the menu list?
- How were the drinks and beverages?
- Do you feel that the menu has something to satisfy everyone's taste buds?
- How do you rate the variety of options on the menu?
- If you have a dietary restriction, do you feel that you were well supported today?
Services Related Feedback Questions
Service is a major aspect of any business which determines the success of a business to a large extent. Especially when it comes to restaurant, providing a great service and hospitality becomes much more important to run this business.
Even if you put the best dishes for your guests with world class taste, they will never feel welcomed if the services they are provided with are not up to the standards. So, the importance of collecting feedback of the services is something which you cannot afford to underestimate. You should use these questions to gather Customer Feedback.
- Who served you today? (The question will help you rate your employees' performances and recognize the efficient staff of your place and those staff which need some more training)
- Do you feel the services were welcoming and friendly?
- Did the food arrive on time?
- Did you face any issues with any service of the restaurant?
Post Delivery Feedback Questions
Post Delivery Feedback questions are mainly useful when you have implemented a new POS system or an online app for home delivery of your dishes. In such cases, you can ask questions about newly implemented systems and home delivery.
- How much effort did you make to place an online order through our new POS app? (This question will help you to find your CES i.e. Customer Effort Score)
- Which online food delivery app did you use?
- Was the food arrived at your place quickly?
- Did you find the food fresh and delicious same as when you have it in the restaurant itself?
- Were you able to use discounts and special offers provided in our online app?