Sending SMS Surveys using Plivo
Planning to use Plivo SMS Gateway to send SMS from Zonka? You are covered! It just takes two minutes to add Plivo account details to your account and set it up to send SMS surveys globally.
Here is how you can do it
- Log in to your account and navigate to Company Settings menu under Setup
- Go to SMS Connect tab
- Select your Gateway as Plivo from the Select Gateway drop-down
- Enter the API details, Phone number or Alphanumeric Id
- Hit Update and you are done
Let’s go through the fields you need to enter, one by one:
This is a Required Field. This is 20 characters long alphanumeric code which you can find in your Plivo Account by navigating to API Platform
This is a Required Field. This is 40 characters long alphanumeric code which you can find below the Auth Id by clicking the checkbox after Auth token in your Plivo account
Enter your preferred Plivo number that you would like to use to send the SMS Campaigns and SMS Alerts for low and new feedback. Enter your phone number with the county code without + or spaces. Example: 18013168107
Alphanumeric Sender Id
Enter your Alphanumeric Sender Id (up to 11 characters) that you would like to use to send the SMS Campaigns and SMS Alerts for low and new feedback.
Please note that you will need to enter at least a phone number or Alphanumeric Sender Id in order to successfully add Plivo to Zonka.
In case you are adding alphanumeric id and the phone number, Zonka automatically handles deliverability. Priority is given to the Alphanumeric Id.
When you click the Update button, we would check if the entered API details are valid or not and would show a success message if everything is in order.
Here are few tips to help you have a smooth experience sending SMS with Plivo
- Ensure you have the correct Plivo API credentials and privileges
- Ensure that you have an active Plivo phone number capable of sending SMS globally
- Ensure you have sufficient credit if you plan to send SMS globally in large numbers
- Alphanumeric Sender Ids are not supported in all countries, please check this guide in case you plan to use it
SMS Sending Globally
- Alphanumeric Sender Ids are not supported in all countries, please check this guide in case you plan to use. Learn more here
- Please note that the US and Canada only support phone numbers and not alphanumeric sender ids.
- If you are sending in India you may need to contact Plivo and get an approval on the message content you wish to send, as by default the messages are treated as Promotional and may not be delivered to most phones.Learn more here
- To know more about SMS sending help using Plivo click here
In case you need help adding SMS Gateway?Contact us