Sankara Eye Hospitals is a leading chain of hospitals in India that specializes in eye care. In the early days of the hospital's operations, the management realized the importance of collecting feedback from patients about their experience at the hospital. Patient satisfaction was a key factor in determining the success of the hospital, and the management wanted to ensure that they were providing the best possible care to their patients.
The hospital faced several challenges in collecting feedback from patients. Initially, they relied on pen and paper-based surveys, which were time-consuming and cumbersome. Later, they switched to using Google forms, but data collection was still a challenge, and they were not able to collect feedback in large volumes. Moreover, there was a worry about the authenticity of the feedback collected.
- Collecting feedback was a challenge as pen and paper-based surveys were cumbersome,
- Digital forms were not effective in collecting large volumes of feedback.
- There were concerns about the authenticity of the feedback collected
- Need to have a single source of truth for feedback collected from all 13 locations
To streamline their feedback collection process, Sankara Eye Hospitals deployed Zonka Feedback on devices across various locations and utilized multiple agents to collect feedback from patients. The use of tablets allowed for quick and efficient feedback collection, and SMS Survey offerings ensured that feedback was unbiased.
- 48 devices, including tablets, were used to deploy Zonka Feedback for collecting patient feedback.
- Nearly 30 agents participated in the feedback collection process, making it efficient and thorough.
- SMS survey offerings were utilized to collect unbiased feedback.
- Zonka Feedback's dashboard provided detailed reports to make data-driven decisions.
- Negative feedback alerts were integrated via SMS to enable prompt corrective action and close the feedback loop.
After implementing Zonka, Sankara Eye Hospitals saw a significant increase in the volume of feedback collected from patients. They are now able to gather roughly 80,000 responses from inpatient surveys and nearly 2 lakhs from outpatient surveys. This increased volume of feedback allowed the hospital to identify and address issues more quickly, leading to improved patient satisfaction.
One patient, in particular, shared her story of how Zonka's feedback system helped her. Mrs. Gupta had undergone a cataract surgery at Sankara Eye Hospital, and she was impressed by the care and attention she received from the staff. After her surgery, she received an SMS from Zonka requesting feedback on her experience. She was happy to share her positive feedback and was pleased to receive a prompt reply thanking her for her response.
As a result of collecting feedback in large volumes, the hospital management was able to identify areas of improvement and take prompt corrective actions to improve patient experience. This led to better overall outcomes for the hospital, such as reduced waiting times, improved staff responsiveness, and increased patient trust.
The impact of improving patient experience and satisfaction at Sankara Eye Hospitals was felt across the organization. The hospital management was able to make data-driven decisions, and the staff was motivated to provide better quality care to patients. Ultimately, the implementation of Zonka Feedback's solution was a game-changer for Sankara Eye Hospitals, leading to a more efficient and effective feedback collection process, improved patient satisfaction, and better overall outcomes for the hospital.