Local SEO helps businesses to connect with their local audience, improve visibility, and increase their online presence. However, implementing a successful local SEO strategy can be challenging, and businesses need to be innovative in their approach to stand out from the competition.
One way to improve local SEO is by collecting customer feedback, analyzing it and using it to improve customer experience. In this article, we'll explore how to improve local SEO with customer feedback.
Table of Contents
- Collecting Customer Feedback
- Analyzing Customer Feedback
- Incorporating Feedbacks Into Local SEO Strategy
The Benefits of Using Customer Feedback to Improve Local SEO
Collecting Customer Feedback
The first step to using customer feedback for local SEO is to collect it. There are various channels that businesses can use to collect feedback, including email surveys, social media polls, and online review platforms. Choosing the right channel depends on the type of business and the audience.
For example, a B2B business may find email surveys more effective, while a restaurant may benefit from Yelp or Google My Business reviews.
Once the channel is chosen, businesses must ask the right questions to collect valuable customer reviews. Open-ended questions such as "What did you like about our service?" or "How can we improve our product?" provide more detailed feedback than closed-ended questions, as they allow customers to express their thoughts and feelings in their own words.
Additionally, the timing of feedback requests can also impact the quality of feedback. Businesses should consider requesting feedback after a purchase or service has been completed, as customers are more likely to provide feedback when their experience is fresh in their minds. In such cases, it's best to utilize Survey Throttling feature that may help with collecting feedback effectively.
Analyzing Customer Feedback
Once you've collected customer feedback, the next step is to analyze it. Analyzing feedback can help businesses identify patterns and trends in customer behavior and preferences. By understanding this information, businesses can make more informed decisions leading to improved products, services, and customer experiences. Here are some ways to analyze customer feedback:
- Categorize Feedback: Categorizing feedback can help businesses to understand customer pain points and identify areas for improvement. For example, you could categorize feedback by product or service type, customer demographics, or feedback type (positive or negative).
- Identify SEO Keywords: Analyzing feedback and performing keyword research can help businesses identify the phrases customers use to describe their products or services. These are the keywords that businesses can use for optimizing their website content and online listings to improve their local SEO. Thus, they are able to target local search requests.
Incorporating Feedbacks Into Local SEO Strategy
Now that you have your feedbacks, it's time to incorporate them into your local SEO strategy. Here are some ways to do this:
Update Your Website Content
Use the keywords and phrases you identified from customer feedback to improve the relevance and visibility of your website in search engine results pages.
- Use the keywords and phrases in your website's headlines, titles, and meta descriptions.
- Incorporate them naturally into your website's content, including blog posts and product descriptions.
- Use location-specific keywords to improve your local SEO.
Optimize Your Online Listings
Your online listings should be consistent, accurate, and up-to-date. Use your collected feedback to update your listings with the most relevant and useful information.
- Ensure your business name, address, and phone number (NAP) are consistent across all listings.
- Use the same categories and subcategories across all listings.
- Add photos and videos to your listings to make them more engaging.
Promote Positive Feedback
Promoting positive feedback through customer reviews and testimonials can help build trust with potential customers and improve your online reputation. Here are some tips:
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on your website or social media platforms.
- Respond to all reviews, both positive and negative, in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Share positive reviews and testimonials with your audience to build social proof and credibility.
The Benefits of Using Customer Feedback to Improve Local SEO
Using customer feedback to improve your local SEO strategy can have several benefits, including:
Improved online visibility and relevance
Integrating the specific keywords you got from customer feedback on your website can boost its search visibility. This means your page appears more often once people type in those keyword queries.
Also, feedback data can be used to create search-optimized content that is relevant to your visitors' pain points. In turn, your target audience will see your brand as an authority that's worth paying more attention to.
Increased website traffic and conversions
Since customer feedback enhances your search engine visibility and relevance, incorporating customer feedback can help result in increased website traffic.
Let's say you're running an ecommerce site, producing relevant content will nudge your customers down the sales funnel until they make a purchase.
Better engagement with your local audience
One of the key benefits of customer feedback when creating content is that you know which area to talk about. Feedbacks show what your customers need and what kind of help they need.
So if your consumers are concerned about how to use your product, a blog post around that query should be published. That way, you're able to directly address and effectively engage their needs instead of creating tons of unrelated content.
Enhanced customer experience and satisfaction
Customer satisfaction is an important metric that will determine the success of your business. Once you begin to have one or two red flags here and there, it won't be long before your brand goes down the drain.
That's why customer feedback can help you adjust and eliminate negative queries ahead of time, at least before they get out of hand. Moresoever, you're able to respond better to your customers in the future.
Improved online reputation and credibility
Lastly, creating engaging and effective content while also delivering an awesome customer experience will improve your online reputation.
Consumers want businesses that can deliver the best product and support. With thorough customer feedback, you can meet these needs and rocket your business credibility organically.
Incorporating customer feedback into local SEO strategy can help businesses to improve their online presence and connect with their local audience. Collecting and analyzing customer feedback can help businesses to identify keywords and phrases that customers use to describe products or services, categorize feedback, and understand customer pain points.
Incorporating feedback into local SEO strategy can improve website relevance and visibility in SERPs. Promoting positive feedback through customer reviews and testimonials can also help businesses to build trust with potential customers and improve their online reputation.