More than 6 billion smartphone users are part of the mobile app ecosystem which is expanding at a CAGR of 11.5%. Your mobile app is just one of 2.87 million Android apps and/or 1.96 million iOS apps. What will set you apart will be - the customer experience tools that you have in your mobile apps, and that's why it isn’t a surprise that almost every successful app today collects in-app feedback from its users.
However, how do you collect feedback with a product feedback tool?
Collecting feedback within your mobile app is fairly quick and easy. All you need is the right tool. There are some super reliable and intelligent in-app feedback tools out there that you can use to collect both generic and action-specific feedback. But with so many options available, getting your hands on just the perfect tool can be like finding a needle in a haystack.
So, to make your research faster and more effective, we have shortlisted the top tools that you can use to capture in-app user feedback. Let's get started
- In-app feedback tools, like those used by successful apps, streamline feedback collection within the app.
- These tools range from popup surveys to feedback buttons, enhancing user experience and providing valuable data.
- The importance of in-app feedback tools lies in faster feedback collection, improved user experience, and obtaining contextual insights.
- Top tools like Zonka Feedback, Qualtrics, and SurveyMonkey offer various features, customizable surveys, and real-time analytics, making them essential for app developers.
- You can also follow some of the best practices to make the most of your in-app survey tools. Some of these could be offering incentives, using various question types, personalizing the surveys, and more.
- Zonka Feedback lets you capture feedback in the moment from your app users. You can schedule a demo or sign up for a free 14-day trial to explore this survey software.
Elevate your PX with User Insights 🔥
Measure user feedback within your app at all touchpoints and get effective user insights to transform and improve your product experience.
What Do In-App Feedback Tools Do?
An in-app feedback tool simplifies the feedback process by allowing mobile app users to share in-app feedback without having to open survey requests on a different platform to share feedback.
This brings us to the next question, "What is In-App Feedback?"
In-app feedback is collected from product users directly in the app. This means that they can share their experience in terms of a transaction or the product as a whole directly through short surveys in the mobile app.
For example, iin a food delivery app, customers can quickly select an emoji on the survey scale right within the app to best describe their experience. Similarly, mobile app users may share in-app product feedback with respect to a particular feature right inside the app while using the feature in question. With this, not only users’ feedback experience improve dramatically, but businesses too end up collecting more data and insightful feedback. After all, who today has the time to open separate feedback requests and fill out lengthy surveys, especially when the experience is not so recent anymore?
Also, you don’t need your app users to visit Play Store or App Store to rate your app or share feedback; they can share feedback directly in your app through:
- In-app popup surveys
- Feedback Button
- Feedback widget
- Embedded surveys
- In-app chatbot surveys
There are different smartphone applications that use in-app feedback.
Some of these are:
- Native Mobile Apps – Apps designed for Android, Windows, and iOS
- Mobile Websites – Mobile-responsive websites that scale to the size of smartphone devices
- Native Apps with Webview – Apps that open the browser to perform some action
Here's a product purchase experience survey template that you can use to better understand in-app feedback surveys.
Why Do You Need an In-App Feedback Tool?
There is a huge importance of an in-app feedback tool. Here are some of its benefits:
Faster Feedback Collection - Collect feedback instantly at the moment right within the mobile app.
Improved Feedback Experience - Make submitting feedback easier for your app users by reducing their effort of opening separate survey requests to share feedback.
Instant and Relevant Feedback - Get informed about bugs and app challenges instantly through real-time notifications as your users submit a survey.
Maximum Feedback - Increase the chances of your mobile app users taking the survey by reducing their effort to do so.
Contextual Insights: In-app feedback tools provide context to the feedback. Users can highlight specific screens, features, or issues directly within the app, giving you a clearer understanding of their experience.
User Engagement: By actively involving users in the improvement process, you foster a sense of ownership. Users become more engaged with your app, knowing that their opinions contribute to its evolution.
Top In-App Feedback Tools
There are various customer feedback tools that you can use based on your business requirements for in-app user feedback. We have put together detailed information on top in-app feedback tools to help you in your research.
1. Zonka Feedback
An omnichannel survey app, Zonka Feedback allows collecting feedback across different CX metrics, including NPS, CSAT, and CES right within your mobile app. Whether you want the survey to appear in a popup or wish to embed the survey on specific app pages, this in-app feedback tool allows you to use any website feedback widget or embed surveys directly into the app.
You can create a survey from scratch and also use customizable feedback forms that look native to your mobile app. Moreover, real-time reporting and survey response analysis enable brands to act on the feedback quickly using customer feedback software and retain app users and customers.
- In-app feedback for both Android and iOS
- 500+ customizable survey templates, including product purchase experience survey template, NPS survey template, CSAT survey template, mobile app survey, etc.
- 25+ feedback survey question types, including MCQs, Likert scale, rating scale, emoji scale, drop-down menu, etc.
- In-app feedback widget and embedded surveys
- Surveys in 30+ languages
- Real-time notifications
- Report analysis with filters and response comparison
- Relevant surveys and audience targeting
- Survey logic, white labeling, and survey branding
- Integration with different business tools
- Automated workflow and response-based actions
- Starter Plan: $49/month
- Professional Plan: $99/month
- Growth Plan: $199/month
- Lifetime Free Plan and Custom Plan Available
Try Zonka Feedback's mobile app feedback survey template to collect user feedback on different aspects like functionality, speed, navigation, content, appearance, etc.
Popular among voice of customer tools, Qualtrics is also one of the best in-app feedback tools which is compatible with both Android and iOS devices to collect user as well as internal product feedback. You can set up in-app intercept surveys or embedded surveys. You can also set the target for your survey to open in a browser window. As one of the most popular Android survey apps, this software also allows you to customize your surveys to pop up at the right time to collect in-app feedback that's relevant and useful.
- 250 survey templates
- Omnichannel surveys
- Panel management
- Code-free survey builder
- User research analysis
- Offer custom pricing based on requirements
- Free Plan Available
Does Qualtrics seem too complex and expensive for your survey collection requirements? Check out the top Qualtrics alternatives that you can switch to for an online survey tool with a steeper learning curve.
Qualaroo is a customer experience and in-app feedback tool that offers pop-up surveys to capture contextual user insights. You can use templates for multiple surveys like NPS, CSAT, and app ratings. Surveys can also be triggered to appear at a specific time or when specific conditions are met.
- With advanced targeting features like branching and skip, you can target the right users at the right time.
- Supports 130+ languages.
- No-code setup
- Advanced reporting for real-time feedback analysis
- Has IBM-powered Sentiment Analysis to collect qualitative user insights.
- Automatic NPS calculator and dashboard.
- You can launch Omni-channel surveys on apps, websites, and web apps.
G2 Rating: 4.4/5
- Essential plan starts at $69/month (billed annually)
- Premium plan starts at $149/month (billed annually)
- Business plan starts at $299/month (billed annually)
QuestionPro is one of the first in-app feedback tools that allows running surveys in the mobile survey app, both embedded and trigger surveys. Trigger surveys capture in-the-moment feedback by intelligently triggering surveys at the right time. Triggers can be based on anything, for example, the number of times the app is opened, purchases, sign-ups, etc.
- 20+ survey themes
- Geolocation surveys when the user comes into a pre-specified vicinity
- Skip logic branching
- Survey branding
- Real-time response collection
- Automated reminders
- Integration with business tools
G2 Rating: 4.5/5
- Advanced Plan: $99/month
- Team Edition: $83/month
- Free Plan Available
SurveyMonkey is an in-app feedback tool that allows the integration of surveys into your mobile app. You can use its mobile SDK for Android and iOS. You can capture real-time feedback to make improvements. Moreover, you can embed surveys or use event-specific survey triggers at different touchpoints.
You can also activate offers, rewards, and message-based actions.
- Quick set-up and improved in-app experience
- Branded surveys and customization of look and feel as well as product feedback questions
- Readymade survey templates
- Survey triggers based on user actions
- Integration available
- Intelligent reports and analysis
- Team Advantage Plan: $20/month
- Team Premier Plan: $49/month
- Enterprise Plan: Customized
- Free Plan Available
SurveyMonkey's features might be too limiting, especially for those trying out the free version. Have a look at the several SurveyMonkey alternatives that offer many other features and act as powerful in-app survey tools.
6. Apptentive (now Alchemer Mobile)
Apptentive, now Alchemer Mobile, has a great reputation with a higher survey response rate. Like other in-app feedback tools, Apptentive allows collecting insights into the app users’ behaviour as well as their transactions on the channel. With the help of qualitative and quantitative data, you can use feedback to improve the app’s UX, UI, and overall user satisfaction. By creating not only applications that are easy to use, but also a pretty good look and a lot of features.
- Multiple in-app product feedback survey types
- In-built sentiment analysis
- Targeting based on user activity, behavior, characteristics, location, etc.
- In-app broadcast messaging
- Response tracking and tagging
- Collaborator Plan: $55/month
- Professional Plan: $165/month
- 14-Day Free Trial Available
Mopinion allows for improving apps’ usability with in-app product feedback. You can use this in-app feedback tool to create powerful app survey campaigns that may not be limited to just the app. You can use other survey channels to collect customer feedback, such as email surveys, website surveys, social media reviews, etc.
- Pre-built survey templates
- Drag-and-drop survey builder
- White-labelling, skip logic, and auto-language translation
- Custom dashboards to analyze feedback
- Targeting based on demographics, customer type, behavior, and other attributes
- Free Plan Available
Helpshift is an integration tool that works with live chat to allow app users to share feedback directly within the chat window. It is a tool that also allows offering service assistance and enables capturing personalized feedback in a conversational tone.
You can also add FAQ translations to help your audiences from different regions.
- In-chat feedback and leads from the app
- Asynchronous messaging; the user doesn’t have to wait on the chat
- Ready-to-use templates to create conversational flows for chatbot
- Feedback monitoring
- Integration with other tools
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
- Starter Plan: $150/month
- Growth and Enterprise Plan: Customized
- Free Feedback Plan Available
SurveySparrow stands out as a highly effective solution for in-app feedback collection, offering a range of features that elevate the feedback experience. Its strength lies in the creation of engaging and conversational surveys that effortlessly capture user insights. With real-time feedback capabilities, SurveySparrow lets you collect customer feedback and get a dynamic and up-to-the-moment understanding of user sentiments and concerns within the app.
- Advanced question types
- Real-time feedback collection and sentiment analysis
- The tool offers a range of customization options
- Conditional logic to create dynamic surveys
- Integration capabilities
- Can be used to create single-page and multi-page surveys
G2 Rating: 4.4/5
- Starter plan for Individuals: $39/month
- Business plan for Teams: $79/month
- Professional plan for Teams: $249/month
- Free 14-day trial available
Survicate offers professionally designed surveys to collect mobile in-app feedback with ease. It can be easily configured on any type of mobile application using a mobile survey SDK. You can capture feedback using CSAT surveys, NPS surveys, general app feedback, and user experience surveys.
- Promotes product's feedback-driven growth
- Trigger in-app surveys after specific events or on certain screens
- Recurring mobile surveys with automation
- Feedback widgets to collect without any friction in the experience
- White-labelled surveys
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
- Starter Plan: $53/month
- Business Plan: $117/month
- 10 days Free trial available
Savio is a dynamic in-app feedback tool that reshapes user interaction for developers. It seamlessly combines real-time bug reporting, crash analytics, engaging surveys, customizable SDK, and teamwork features to redefine the development experience.
- Engaging in-app feedback surveys
- Customizable SDK
- Comprehensive crash analytics for your app
G2 Rating: 4.8/5
- Essential Plan: $39/month
- Professional Plan: $79/month
- Business Plan: $249/month
Instabug transforms in-app feedback, making it a developer's dream. It's the ultimate tool for streamlined user engagement, offering real-time bug reporting, crash analytics, in-app surveys, customizable SDK, and collaborative teamwork features.
- Precision bug tracking to identify and resolve bugs with accuracy
- Comprehensive crash reports
- User sentiment analysis of the feedback collected
- Seamless integration into your workflow
- Efficient team collaboration
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
- Basic Plan: $249/month
- Pro Plan: $499/month
- Ultimate Plan: $749/month
- Free trial for 14 days
Best Practices to Run Successful Surveys Using In-app Survey Tools
When it comes to collecting feedback in your mobile application, there can be certain tips and tricks that you can incorporate to make your surveys more successful.
Here are some of the best practices that you can follow while using an in-app survey tool for collecting user feedback from your mobile application:
Define Clear Objectives: Clearly outline the goals and objectives of your survey. Understand what specific insights you are seeking to gather and how they align with your overall business or app development strategy.
Keep it Short and Relevant: Respect your users' time by keeping surveys concise and relevant. Focus on obtaining the most critical information without overwhelming them with too many questions.
Timing is Key: Choose the right moment to trigger the survey. Opt for strategic points in the user journey, such as after a successful task completion or right before they exit the app. Avoid interrupting critical tasks.
Personalize and Segment: Tailor surveys based on user behavior, preferences, or demographics. Use segmentation to send targeted surveys to specific user groups. Personalization increases the likelihood of obtaining valuable insights.
Offer Incentives: Encourage participation by offering incentives such as discounts, exclusive content, or access to new features. This can boost survey completion rates and foster a positive relationship with users.
Use a Mix of Question Types: Employ a variety of question types, including multiple-choice, open-ended, and rating scales. This diversification provides a more comprehensive understanding of user opinions and experiences.
Test Before Launch: Conduct thorough testing of your survey and feedback widget before launching it to ensure a smooth user experience. Check for any technical glitches, and make sure the survey flows logically.
Communicate the Purpose: Clearly communicate the purpose of the survey to users. Let them know how their feedback will contribute to improvements, making them more likely to provide thoughtful responses.
Monitor and Analyze in Real-time: Utilize the real-time monitoring capabilities of your in-app survey tool. Stay updated on responses as they come in, allowing for quick adjustments or follow-up actions based on emerging trends.
Iterate and Improve: Use the data gathered from collecting in-app feedback to make continuous improvements. Regularly revisit your survey strategy, refine questions, and adapt based on changing user needs and app features.
By incorporating these best practices, you can maximize the effectiveness of in-app surveys, gaining valuable insights to enhance user satisfaction and drive app improvement
Product feedback or in-app feedback is extremely critical for customer-centric businesses to be able to align their mobile apps with user requirements. It facilitates consistent development without a lot of rework and scope of error. So, in-app feedback shouldn't be an afterthought; surveys should be incorporated into your business app right from the beginning.
If you haven't already selected a feedback tool or decided on the best survey apps that offer feedback collection, we are sure this article will help you tremendously