Build long-lasting relationships with your client by gauging their feedback with B2B Customer Satisfaction Surveys. Explore top B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions, Templates and Tips in this article.
When you are in a B2B business, ensuring a high level of Customer Satisfaction is not only vital to create long-lasting relationships with your clients, but is also necessary to attract more clients into the business.
One effective way to measure and ensure Customer Satisfaction is by using surveys. An effective Customer Satisfaction Survey helps businesses gain valuable insights into Customer Experience, identify the areas of improvement, and take appropriate actions to improve CX and enhance Customer Satisfaction. However, for a survey to be successful and be able to gain meaningful insights, it is necessary that it is well-designed and includes the right CSAT questions.
Table of Contents
1. B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey Template
- Best Practices to Create Effective Customer Satisfaction Surveys for B2B
Here is an effective B2B Customer Survey Template you can use to collect Customer Feedback and measure the satisfaction of your clients with their experience of doing business with your company.
B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey Template
B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
B2B buyers are nowadays increasingly relying on customer reviews and testimonials when making purchasing decisions. According to G2, 92% of B2B buyers are more likely to purchase a product or service after reading a trusted review from satisfied customers. Therefore, B2B companies prioritize measuring and improving Customer Satisfaction to achieve growth.
Let's explore the different types of survey questions that you can include in your B2B Customer Satisfaction Surveys to measure and enhance Customer Satisfaction.
1. Demographic Questions
Demographic questions are important in a B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey as they can help you better understand your clients and tailor your products and services to their needs. Here are some demographic Customer Satisfaction Survey questions that you might want to consider including in your B2B customer satisfaction survey.
- What industry do you operate in?
- What is your job role/position in the company?
- How many employees does your company have?
- Where are you located?
- How many locations do you operate all around the world?
- Where did you first come to know about us?
- What is the main goal of using our product and services?
- What kinds of plans or subscriptions are you looking for?
2. Post-Purchase Questions
Post-purchase questions are important in a B2B Customer Satisfaction Survey to gain insights into your client’s experience of purchasing your product or service. These insights help you make your processes better and deliver better purchasing experiences to your customers. Here are some post-purchase Customer Satisfaction Survey questions you can include in your surveys.
- How was your overall purchase experience with our company?
- Were our sales representatives able to explain well about all the details of our products and services?
- Were you able to find adequate information about our products and services on our website?
- How would you rate the communications with our representatives while you were making purchases?
- Was your order delivered in the expected timeframe?
- Were all the items exactly as you ordered?
- Did you face any issues or challenges while making purchases with us?
- Based on your recent Purchase Experience, how likely are you to recommend our company to your friends and known ones on a scale of 0 to 10?
- Is there anything we can improve in our process to deliver a better purchase experience?
3. Billing, Invoicing, and payment Process Feedback Questions
Payment Process is also an important part of the customer journey. Factors like ease of making payments, modes of payment, and smooth & fast payment process affects the overall satisfaction of your clients. So you should also collect feedback from your clients regarding their experience with billing, invoicing, and the overall payment process so that you can identify if there any issues in the process and work in the direction of eliminating them.
Here are some Customer Satisfaction survey questions that you can include in your surveys to collect B2B feedback about your payment process.
- How satisfied are you with our payment process?
- Did you face any issues in our payment process while making payment?
- How would you rate the accuracy of our billing and invoicing process?
- How would you rate the timeliness of our payment process?
- How satisfied are your with the transparency of our billing and invoicing process?
- Do you agree it was easy to go through our payment process and make payment?
- How satisfied are you with the payment options we offer?
- Do you agree that our billing staff was supportive enough to help you make the payment with ease?
- Based on your recent payment making experience, how likely are you to recommend us to a friends or known one on a scale of 0 to 10?
4. Pricing Feedback
Pricing is one of the important factors that clients consider while making the decision to do business with you. So it necessary that the prices of your products and services are competitive, and worthy for the customers to pay. Here are some Customer Satisfaction Survey questions to measure satisfaction of your clients with the pricing of your products and services.
- How would your rate the pricing of our products and services?
- How satisfied are you with the pricing options and various plans we offer?
- Do you agree that you receive the value of the price you pay?
- How satisfied are you with our pricing policies?
- Based on your recent experience with us how would you rate our process of providing personalized pricing quotes?
- Do you have any issues with our pricing policies?
- Do you agree that our prices are competitive enough when compared to other vendors?
- How likely are you to recommend our products and services to your friends and known ones based on their pricing?
- Do you have any suggestions regarding the pricing of our products and services?
5. Post-Onboarding Questions
When you are into B2B businesses, especially if you are dealing in SaaS products and services, the onboarding process is a critical part of the customer journey that impacts the overall Customer Experience to a large extent. So it is essential to collect Onboarding Feedback and measure Customer Satisfaction with their Onboarding Experience.
Here are some Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions that you can ask post-onboarding to measure and ensure Customer Satisfaction with respect to the onboarding process.
- How would you rate the overall Onboarding Experience?
- Were you provided with enough knowledge and understanding of the product during the onboarding process?
- Do you feel confident, empowered and adequately prepared to use our products and services after the onboarding process?
- Did you face any issues or challenges during onboarding?
- How would you rate the quality of the knowledge and onboarding material provided during the onboarding process?
- Do you agree that our support team was helpful and responsive during the onboarding process?
- How well did the Onboarding process meet your expectations?
- Do you feel that the product and services are able to meet your business needs and help you achieve your goals?
- How likely are you to renew our subscription when it expires?
- Based on your onboarding experience, how likely are you to recommend our company to your friends and known ones on a scale of 0 to 10?
- Is there anything we can improve to make your Onboarding experience better?
6. Product Usage Questions
Product Usage questions are essential to understand the success of your product because your product can only be successful if your customers are able to use it well. These questions help you know the issues and shortcomings of your product and lead towards creating better and improved products.
Here are some Customer Satisfaction survey questions that you can use in your B2B survey.
- How frequently do you use our product?
- Which product feature do you like the most in our product?
- Would you like to see any improvements in our product?
- Would you like to suggest any new features that you feel should be added in our product?
- How would you rate the product usage experience?
- How helpful do you find our product to meet your business goals?
- Is there anything that you don’t like about our product?
- Based on your experience with our product, how likely are you to recommend our product to your friends and known ones on a scale of 0 to 10?
7. Follow-Up Questions
Follow up questions help you follow up with your customers after a touchpoint of the customer journey. Follow up questions also help you know the reasons behind how the customers rate their experience with your company.
- Here are some follow up Customer Satisfaction survey questions to use in your surveys.
- Thank you for your inquiry about our products and services. Is there anything we can help with to satisfy your requirements better?
- Thank you for making a deal with our company. We would like to know about your experience with our company.
- We are glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. We would like to know which aspect you liked the most about your experience?
- We are sorry for your bad experience. Could you please let us know the reason for our rating?
- Is there anything that we can do to make your experience delightful?
8. Customer Support Feedback Questions
Customer Support is a crucial part of the customer journey. The overall Customer Experience is largely affected by the way you support your customers in need and how your support agents perform to fulfill customers’ needs. Here are some effective post-support Customer Satisfaction Survey questions you can include in your surveys.
- Based on your recent interaction with our service representatives, how would you rate your experience with our support team?
- How would you rate the responsiveness of our support team?
- Do you agree that our support agents have enough knowledge to resolve your queries and issues?
- Do you agree that our support team helped you enough to resolve your issues?
- How would you rate our support team on the basis of conduct, behavior, and professionalism?
- Do you agree that our chatbot was able to recognize and resolve your issues?
- We would love to know your suggestions to make our support process better for you. (Open-ended question)
9. Overall Customer Satisfaction Questions
Even if you measure Customer Satisfaction at every touchpoint, it is necessary to measure the satisfaction of the customers with their overall experience with your company. Here are the Customer Satisfaction Survey questions to measure overall Customer Satisfaction.
- How would you rate the overall experience with our company?
- On the basis of your experience with our company, how likely are you to recommend us to your friends and known ones?
- Do you agree that the company helped you enough to handle your issues?
10. Open-Ended Questions
Apart from the experiences you measure at various touchpoints, there may be some special perceptions or suggestions your customers may have in their minds and may be needing an opportunity to share them with you. Open-ended questions are a great way to let your customers share their feelings in their own words.
Here are some open-ended Customer Satisfaction Survey questions that you can consider including in your B2B Customer Satisfaction surveys to collect and understand deep customer insights. You need not include all the below questions but you must include one open-ended question in every survey to let your customers share their feelings or suggestions.
- Do you want to share any special experience with our company?
- Would you like to suggest anything with our product, services, or processes to make them better?
- We would love to know your opinion about the experience you had with our company.
Best Practices to Create Effective Customer Satisfaction Surveys for B2B
1. Keep the surveys short and simple
Short surveys are the best ways to gauge in-moment feedback from the customers and receive a good response rate on your surveys. So always keep your surveys short and simple so that your customers can easily fill out the surveys and share their feedback.
2. Ask Feedback at the right moment
Send your B2B Customer Satisfaction surveys at the right time at every touchpoint of the customer journey. Focus on collecting in-moment feedback from the customers through short surveys shared just after an event or transaction like a ticket closure, just after a support call, after onboarding, after bill payment, or a purchase. This will help you collect accurate feedback about each touchpoint and identify where you need to improve your processes.
3. Give options to Customers to provide feedback on their own
Never force or your customers to share feedback by sending them surveys too frequently overwhelming them. Rather, send limited surveys and provide them passive options to share their feedback like Email Signature Surveys so that they can share feedback when they need and wish to share.
4. Use CX Metrics
Use Customer Experience Metrics to collect quantitative feedback and measure Customer Satisfaction. Along with common Customer Satisfaction metric surveys like the CSAT survey, you can also choose to use other effective metrics like NPS and CES to measure customers’ loyalty and their perceived efforts to get their work done.
5. Collect Qualitative Feedback also
Don’t limit your surveys to closed-ended questions and quantitative measurement of Customer Satisfaction. Do provide some open space to the customers for sharing their insights. Always include open-ended questions (not more then one or two) in your surveys to let your customers share their feelings, experiences, and suggestions in their own words.
This will help you get a deep understanding into customers’ insights which will enable you to understand customers’ expectations better and work in the direction of fulfilling them.
6. Avoid Survey Bias
Phrasing of Customer Satisfaction survey questions in the wrong way can sometimes make your survey biased. A biased survey will result in less and inaccurate results. Here is an example of a biased survey question.
How amazing was your experience with our company?
Above is a leading question which is leading the customers to agree that the experience was anyhow amazing. Whereas, the right question should be like this.
How was your experience with our company?
7. Follow up on survey responses and Close the Feedback Loop
Always follow up on the survey responses you receive from your customers and take action on their feedback to close the feedback loop. Not taking action on feedback defeats the entire purpose of collecting it. Whereas, if you respond to the feedback, take action wherever required, and inform them what you have done.
This induces a very positive feeling in your customers and conveys them that their feedback matters to you, thereby strengthening your relationship with the clients.
Customer Satisfaction Surveys are a great way to collect Customer Feedback from your B2B clients. However, they are effective only if they are well designed and include the right and effective questions to gauge Customer Experience. You can use the above Customer Satisfaction survey questions in your surveys to make them effective enough to collect high quality actionable feedback from your customers.
To build powerful surveys, you can use an effective Customer Satisfaction Tool like Zonka Feedback that offers you ready-to-use customizable Survey templates to create any type of survey to measure and improve Customer Satisfaction. The tool not only helps to collect feedback and measure satisfaction, but also enables you to take action on it and close the feedback loop effectively.
You can try Zonka Feedback for Free for 7 days and see how it works for your B2B business.