Today, customer opinions carry immense weight. It reflects on their understanding of your product, the experience they had, the pain points they had to go through, and much more. In fact, collecting customer feedback provides a direct line into the minds and experiences of your customers acting as a mirror to showcase where your business may be falling short.
At the same time, navigating the myriad options of feedback tools is essential for organizations aiming to understand, measure, and optimize customer satisfaction.The good news is that there are some really reliable and intelligent survey tools out there that allow you to create a free survey for different customer platforms without any hassle. All you need is a little research in choosing the best free survey maker.
In this blog, we have covered the best customer feedback tools based on different parameters like their offerings, key features, what type of limitations they have on their free plan and how they are rated on platforms like G2. So, let's get into the list of tools.
- Customer feedback tools are essential for customer sentiment analysis and understanding their needs and desires. They bridge the gap between businesses and customers, enabling the collection, analysis, and leverage of feedback for lasting customer loyalty.
- This blog presents a list of the top free customer feedback apps and platforms, offering insights into their features, limitations, and user ratings.
- We have included several free feedback tools like Zonka Feedback, TypeForm, QuestionPro, and more, each with its unique strengths.
- Zonka Feedback is one of the most popular customer feedback tools that lets you capture and close the feedback loop effectively with real-time alerts and digests. You can sign up for the Free version or schedule a demo to learn how the tool can help you create targeted surveys.
Fuel Business Growth with Customer Feedback 🔥
Collect real-time, in-moment feedback at all touchpoints in customer journey and leverage feedback insights to transform customer experience.
What are Customer Feedback Tools?
To get a grasp on the mechanism behind customer feedback tools, one would need to understand what customer feedback is. Any feedback, information, opinions, or insights that customers provide regarding their experiences with a product, service, or overall interaction with a business is called customer feedback.
It helps businesses understand their customers' perspectives, preferences, and satisfaction levels, which helps businesses make informed decisions to improve and enhance their offerings.
A customer feedback tool is software or service designed to help businesses collect, analyze, and understand customer feedback. They make it easier to gather actionable insights from your customers across various touchpoints throughout the customer journey.
With customer feedback tools, you get:
- Collect feedback: This can be done through surveys, in-app feedback buttons, website intercepts, email requests, social media monitoring, and more.
- Analyze feedback: Tools often categorize and analyze feedback using features like sentiment analysis, text analytics, and qualitative coding.
- Provide actionable insights: They summarize and present the feedback in a digestible way, often with dashboards, reports, and actionable recommendations.
While these are some of the key functionalities of a feedback tool, here are some of the benefits that come with using them:
- Get better customer insights: Understand what your customers think and feel.
- Identify areas for improvement: Pinpoint pain points and opportunities to enhance your offerings.
- Make data-driven decisions: Base your strategy on real customer feedback.
- Improve customer satisfaction and and measure customer loyalty: Address concerns and provide a better experience.
- Track progress over time: Measure the impact of changes and initiatives.
Top Customer Feedback Tools you can use
A quick search in Google, and one can find tens of free feedback tools offering unlimited features and capabilities for businesses of all scales. But only some are there that let you create and send targeted surveys and gather feedback for free. And that's what we've covered below.
Here are the best customer feedback tools that you can use for free.
1. Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is one of the most helpful customer feedback software which is designed for customer-centric businesses, both small and large scale. It is a multichannel customer feedback platform that enables seeking feedback, looping in the team, and closing the feedback loop – all on the same platform.
Zonka Feedback goes beyond measuring feedback across the standard metrics NPS, CSAT, and CES. You can create short as well as long surveys based on the feedback platform and customer touchpoints making it popular among SMS survey tools and market research tools.
You can use this customer feedback tool to add a rating scale, MCQs, and even open-ended survey questions to collect qualitative feedback.
Surveys can help you grab the customer's pulse and shape your product roadmap, even during the discovery phase.
Here are the key Zonka Feedback features:
- Code-free survey builder
- Three active surveys
- 25+ question types, including MCQs, rating scales, emoji scales, etc.
- 500+ survey templates, including NPS survey template, CSAT survey template, website feedback survey template, etc.
- Customizable surveys with images, videos, GIFs, etc.
- Multilingual surveys with over 30 languages
- Multichannel surveys
- Free website feedback widget, including popup surveys, feedback buttons, polls, etc.
- Real-time notifications
- Mobile-responsive surveys and free customer feedback app
- Unlimited members and unlimited responses
- Intelligent reporting and analysis
Below is a free market research product survey questionnaire which allows customers to share feedback on the product quality, innovation, requirements at the moment, and value for money. It also consists of an NPS rating scale to let participants share their likeliness of recommending your brand.
Lifetime Free Customer Feedback Version Available
A Free Trial for paid plans is also available for 14 days.
Chisel is one of the most innovative customer feedback software today. Being the top-notch product management tool, Chisel knows that customer feedback analysis is the only path to your success.
In addition to providing an exclusive Product Feedback Pillar, Chisel has also incorporated the transformative capabilities of artificial intelligence, aiming to redefine how companies engage with and comprehend the insights from their customers.
- Idea Box, is a central repository to organize all user ideas in one place.
- Auto-labeling with AI for streamlined ticket organization
- Feedback Portal to save and manage customer feedback with just a single link.
- Build surveys from scratch or use templates
- Tailor audience panels as needed
- Roadmap prioritization based on user feedback
Chisel offers a free forever version. You can also enjoy a ‘Premium’ trial that lasts for 15 days and has no subscription charges.
TypeForm has to be one of the most interactive and best customer feedback tools if you are looking for surveys that engage your target audience. You can embed images, videos, icons, etc, in your survey forms. Moreover, you can create unique survey flows and tones in order to capture the most relevant customer feedback.
TypeForm also allows you to accept payment through its free customer feedback app. You can also schedule your surveys if you wish to clearly define a process.
Here are the main features offered by TypeForm:
- Unlimited surveys with 10 questions and 10 responses per month
- Skip logic and hidden fields
- Downloadable survey data
- Integration with business tools like Zapier, Slack, Mailchimp, HubSpot, etc.
Lifetime Free Account Available
forms.app is one of the easy-to-use customer feedback tools that help you to create surveys, forms, quizzes, and questionnaires quickly, thanks to its pre-made templates and AI form generator.
It offers a variety of free features, including signature collection, payment acceptance, conditional questions, quiz creation with auto calculations, workflow automation, and advanced customization options.
Here are the main features offered by forms.app:
- AI form generator
- +500 third-party integrations
- Various customization options
- Advanced data analytics and reports
- Accessible from everywhere thanks to its mobile application
Free forever plan available
Popular among Android survey apps, QuestionPro is a community feedback tool that manages all kinds of feedback through a centralized customer feedback platform. You can collect the most accurate customer feedback data – both qualitative and quantitative – with the help of its branching feature.
You can also customize your surveys with your brand theme to improve brand recall.
Here are the primary features you can enjoy with the QuestionPro free customer feedback tool:
- Unlimited free surveys with up to 300 responses per survey
- Access to 1 member
- 30+ question types
- Customized surveys for branding
- Skip logic
- Integration with Google Sheets
- Export feedback to CSV and XLS
Free Customer Feedback Platform Version Available
SoGoSurvey is among the top free customer feedback tools ideal for businesses of all sizes. So, if you’re using SoGoSurvey for your small business, you can continue using it even after you expand. The tool is known for its short learning curve.
However, you cannot access integration benefits with the free plan.
Here are the main features offered by SoGoSurvey:
- Template bank with customizable reports
- Social media sharing
- One-click reports
- Built-in data analytics (Predictive Analytics)
- SSL encryption
Lifetime Free Plan Available with this customer feedback tool
You can create hidden survey Nudges™ for your website, mobile app, Android Survey App and SaaS product to collect in-the-moment feedback from the target audience. You can also launch surveys in your prototypes to collect feedback during development.
Qualaroo also has a powerful AI-based sentiment analysis engine that analyzes the customer feedback data in minutes to share the sentiments behind the feedback.
It can help save time and allow you to focus on closing the feedback loop rather than picking valuable insights manually.
- Visual builder to design various online survey types.
- Pre-built survey templates and 12+ question types to create surveys in minutes.
- Skip and branching logic
- Survey customization, rebranding, and white-labeling.
- Support for 70+ languages.
- Built-in advanced targeting options to trigger surveys at a specific time, under particular conditions.
- Visual NPS dashboard and automatic NPS calculation
- Advanced reporting section.
- Integration with tools like Slack, Hubspot, etc.
Free trial is available for 15 days with this customer feedback tool
SurveyMonkey is one of the best customer feedback tools out there that doubles as the voice of customer survey tool as well. You can use SurveyMonkey's free customer feedback platform with some limited features. However, the tool is excellent when it comes to data management.
For example, you can access all your survey data on a single dashboard and analyze it with the help of graphs and charts.
Moreover, it is one of the easiest free customer feedback tools since it allows creating surveys without any coding required.
Here are some of the primary features offered by SurveyMonkey:
- Up to 3 team members and 10 questions per survey
- 40+ short survey templates
- Real-time notifications
- 1 survey report filter
Lifetime Free Customer Feedback Version Available
Formsite is a simple and best customer feedback tool for small businesses that allows creating of professional HTML survey forms. However, you can simply drag and drop to create your surveys from scratch or use readymade survey templates. You can also customize your surveys to match your branding theme.
You can share Formsite customer surveys through email or a link, or you can also directly embed customer surveys into your website.
Here are the top features offered by Formsite:
- 5 surveys
- 10 responses per survey
- 100+ customizable templates
- Survey branding
- Real-time email notifications or alerts
14-Day Free Trial Available with Formsite customer feedback tool
Alchemer is one of the well-established free customer feedback tools that small businesses can use for their voice of customer surveys. There are several free templates available that you can customize to achieve your purpose and create unlimited surveys.
There is, however, a disadvantage of using the free version of Alchemer. You cannot download your old reports and data.
Also, you will be able to only view the recent 12 hours of data.
Here are the primary Alchemer features:
- Up to 5 contacts in email surveys
- API - 60 requests per minute
- Survey sharing through links and other platforms
Lifetime Free Account Available
11. ProProfs Survey Maker
If you want to design engaging surveys to gather real-time customer feedback, then ProProfs Survey Maker is the best option. The free customer feedback tool offers free 100+ ready-to-use survey templates that you can customize using colors, fonts, and your brand logo designs to create a fully personalized experience.
- Unlimited surveys with up to 10 responses
- Library of ready-to-use questions
- Integrations with WordPress, Salesforce, and Zendesk
- Skip Logic
- 20+ question types
- Advanced reporting with intelligent analytics
Lifetime Free Version Available
Survicate is your all-in-one customer feedback tool designed to empower businesses with valuable insights into their customers' thoughts and opinions. With this free feedback tool, you can unlock the potential to understand, engage, and improve your customer experience like never before.
This customer feedback platform comes with an intuitive interface, integrations with popular business tools, and affordable pricing plans.
- Drag and drop builder to create custom surveys effortlessly
- Multi-channel customer feedback collection through email, on your website, within your app, or via social media
- Advanced targeting and user segmentation options to send targeted urveys at the right moment and to the right audience
- Unobtrusive feedback widgets to engage visitors in real-time
- Set up automated follow-ups, alerts, and notifications
Offers free trial with no strings attached for 10 days.
SurveySparrow is a dynamic customer feedback tool that offers unique and interactive survey experiences. With its conversational interface, SurveySparrow allows you to engage your target audience in a more personalized and conversational manner and collect customer feedback.
You can create surveys that feel like natural conversations, making it easier for participants to provide valuable feedback.
You can use this free customer feedback app to take your feedback to the next level by creating engaging and interactive surveys that capture valuable insights. Whether you're looking to collect feedback on your products, services, or overall customer experience, SurveySparrow provides the tools and features to make it happen.
- Conversational surveys with chat-like interfaces
- Conditional branching and skip logic
- Customizable survey themes and branding options
- Multilingual surveys to cater to a global audience
- Integration with popular business tools like Slack, Salesforce, and HubSpot
- Real-time analytics and reporting
- Mobile-friendly surveys and offline data collection
Offers a free trial with no obligations for 14 days.
Need more than just conversational and chat-like surveys for customer feedback requirements? Check out some of the top SurveySparrow alternatives that you can switch to for a more comprehensive customer feedback tool with advanced analytics.
InMoment is a comprehensive customer feedback tool that provides businesses with valuable insights into their customers' experiences. With InMoment, you can gather feedback from various channels and touchpoints, allowing you to gain a holistic view of your customers' thoughts and opinions.
This is one of the best customer feedback platforms out there that lets you gather and analyze customer feedback.
It combines data, technology, and industry expertise to help you gather customer feedback in the moment and take action to improve customer satisfaction.
- Capture feedback in real-time
- Gather customer feedback from your customers through surveys, social media, or even voice recordings
- Advanced analytics and reporting capabilities for analyzing customer feedback
- Customizable dashboards and visualizations to track trends, identify areas for improvement, and measure the impact of your customer experience initiatives
- Engage with your customers and close the feedback loop
- Automated follow-ups to personalized responses
- Works great as an enterprise feedback management software
Offers a 30-day free trial for microsurveys with its CoreCX.
Looking for a simpler tool with a less complex UI to create your customer feedback surveys? We have compiled a list of the top InMoment alternatives that you can explore as your feedback tools.
Qualtrics is a great customer feedback tool that offers a comprehensive range of features to help businesses gather valuable insights from their customers. With Qualtrics, you can create customized surveys and collect feedback through various channels, including email, website, and social media.
- Advanced analytics capabilities with powerful data analysis tools
- Generate reports and visualizations for a deeper understanding of your customers' thoughts and opinions
- Integrations with popular business tools, such as CRM systems and customer support platforms to streamline your customer feedback management process
- Robust survey customization options, including the ability to create personalized survey themes and branding
- Complete customer experience management platform that lets you collect feedback on 125+ channels
- Automatically deliver recommended actions based on the feedback received
There is no pricing information available for Qualtrics. However, they do offer a free account with limited capabilities.
For several startups and small organizations, Qualtrics might seem too weighed down by features that they don't need. Here are some of the popular Qualtrics alternatives that you can explore as your customer feedback tools.
GetFeedback is one of the most comprehensive and best customer feedback tools that offer a range of features to help businesses gather valuable insights from their customers. With GetFeedback, you can easily create interactive and engaging surveys that capture the true sentiment of your customers.
This customer feedback app offers the agility businesses need to enhance their customer experience across every touchpoint in the customer journey through feedback-driven decision-making and close the feedback loop.
- Drag-and-drop survey builder with customizable templates
- Real-time feedback collection through email, websites, and mobile apps
- Advanced reporting and analytics to visualize trends and track customer satisfaction
- Seamless integration with popular CRM systems and customer support platforms
- Multi-channel feedback collection for a holistic view of the customer experience
- Automated follow-ups and personalized responses to close the feedback loop
Offers a free trial with no obligations for 14 days.
GetFeedback might look too complex and Salesforce-driven to many. If you are looking for a more intuitive customer feedback platform, here are some of the top GetFeedback alternatives that you can try.
Marker.io is a versatile customer feedback tool designed to streamline the process of visual bug reporting and feedback collection for web development projects. It stands out as a user-friendly platform that empowers teams to effortlessly report and manage issues directly from the website interface.
- Visual bug reporting with screenshots
- Easily installable website widget
- Supports a simple and efficient two-way sync with popular apps
- Offers complete customization & white-labeling
Marker.io offers a 15 days free trial for users to explore its features and capabilities.
JotForm stands as a robust and versatile customer feedback tool, offering a comprehensive set of features to streamline the process of creating, distributing, and analyzing surveys and forms. Tailored for businesses of all sizes, JotForm empowers users to effortlessly collect valuable insights and feedback from their audience, providing a user-friendly and customizable platform.
- Simplifies the survey creation process with its intuitive drag-and-drop form builder for NPS, CES, and CSAT surveys
- Real-time feedback collection through various channels, including emails, websites, and mobile apps
- Advanced reporting and analytics
- Facilitates automated follow-ups and personalized responses
This feedback tool offers a free Starter pack with a limit of 5 forms and 100 monthly submissions
AskNicely is a specialized customer feedback app and CX platform designed to elevate businesses' understanding of customer sentiment and satisfaction through the implementation of Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys. With a focus on simplicity and effectiveness, AskNicely empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and act upon customer feedback in a way that fosters lasting customer loyalty.
- Specializes in Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys for measuring customer loyalty
- Automates the process of sending NPS surveys to customers at strategic touchpoints
- Real-time notifications
- Mobile responsive surveys
- Complete customer journey mapping
- Intelligent reporting and analytics
To get pricing estimate from AskNicely, one would need to talk to their sales team
Retently is an all-encompassing customer feedback platform that excels in delivering a comprehensive suite of features tailored to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty. This feedback tool positions itself as a comprehensive solution, covering the entire spectrum of customer feedback management. Its emphasis on integration, analytics, and personalized experiences makes it an ideal choice for businesses committed to elevating their customer satisfaction strategies.
Not only does it help analyze customer feedback but is also one of the best customer feedback tools enabling businesses capture and make the most of user insights.
- NPS, CSAT & CES Omnichannel Surveys
- Feedback Management & Collaboration
- Integrations with CRM, Customer Success & Email Marketing
- Advanced Reports & Analytics
- Provides industry benchmarks, allowing businesses to contextualize their performance against industry standards
- Automation and routing capabilities, streamlining the feedback collection process
The tool offers a 7-day free trail to all ots users. However, there are no free plans.
Refiner is a dynamic customer feedback tool designed to empower businesses with actionable insights and a deeper understanding of customer sentiments. With a focus on flexibility and ease of use, Refiner enables organizations to implement diverse feedback strategies, measure customer satisfaction, and drive continuous improvements across the customer journey.
This customer feedback platform offers a range of features to cater to diverse customer feedback needs. Its emphasis on flexibility, integration, and advanced analytics makes it an ideal choice for businesses committed to elevating their customer satisfaction strategies.
- NPS, CSAT & CES surveys
- Seamless seedback management & collaboration
- Integrations with CRM and marketing tools
- Cross-channel feedback collection
- Automation & routing
- Personalized experiences & follow-up
The tool offer a free trial plan with major basic features for a month.
How to Choose The Best Tool to Collect Customer Feedback?
Choosing the right customer feedback tool is crucial for effectively collecting, analyzing, and acting on customer insights.
Here are some key factors to consider when selecting a customer feedback tool:
#1. Analyze your Needs and Goals:
Clearly define your goals and objectives for collecting customer feedback. Identify the specific insights you want to gather, such as measuring customer satisfaction, understanding pain points, or gauging product/service improvements.
- What type of feedback do you want to collect? (Surveys, website feedback, in-app feedback, etc.)
- What are your specific goals for using feedback? (Improve product features, understand customer sentiment, identify pain points, etc.)
- Who will be using the tool? (Marketing team, customer service team, developers, etc.)
#2. Identify the Features and Functionality they offer
Some of the key features and functionalities that every feedback tool must possess are:
- Survey builder: Is it easy to use and does it offer the question types you need?
- Reporting and analytics: Can you easily understand and analyze the feedback you collect?
- Targeting and segmentation: Can you target specific groups of customers for feedback?
- Customization: Can you personalize the tool to match your brand?
- Omnichannel Capabilities: Does it allows you to gather feedback from various touchpoints, including email, website, mobile apps, and social media?
- Automation and Follow-Up Capabilities: Can you set up follow-up actions based on customer feedback with personalization?
#3. Prepare your Budget and Pricing
The next step is to compare the tools based on their pricing and assess them based on your budget.
- How much are you willing to spend on a customer feedback tool?
- What pricing model does the tool offer? (Subscription, pay-as-you-go, etc.)
- Are there any free plans or trials available?
#4. Assess their Ease of Use and Support
A lot of customer feedback tools have a longer learning curve and might not be suitable for smaller businesses looking for instant solutions. Make sure to check the following in order to ascertain support:
- Is the tool easy to learn and use?
- Does the vendor offer good customer support?
#5. Additional factors to consider:
- Security and privacy: Is the tool secure and does it comply with relevant data privacy regulations?
- Scalability: Can the tool grow with your needs?
- Reputation and reviews: What do other users say about the tool?
- Integration: Does it integrate with your CRM (Customer Relationship Management), customer support, and marketing tools?
- Trial Period & Demo: Take advantage of trial periods or demos offered by feedback tool providers. Testing the tool within your specific business context allows you to assess its suitability and ease of integration.
By carefully considering these factors and aligning them with your business requirements, you can choose a customer feedback tool that enhances your understanding of customer needs, drives improvements, and fosters lasting customer loyalty and customer retention.
There is no dearth of free customer feedback tools in the market today.
What businesses need is to find a tool that they can upgrade and continue using even after their requirements increase with the business growth.
So, do not look for the number of free surveys or the number of responses available with each survey. Rather, look for a feedback system that you can see using in the long term.
Zonka Feedback is a powerful tool to analyze offers a free plan for you to create and send customer satisfaction surveys, customer service surveys, and other surveys to capture customer feedback effectively. This free feedback platform offers an intuitive UI and user-friendly interface to create surveys for products and website feedback.