Customer feedback is all about the customers' insights about their experience with your products, services, and organization. And a customer feedback software helps you collect these insights to measure customer satisfaction and experience.
There are many customer feedback software and survey apps available in the market each claiming to be the best. So it becomes a confusing task to choose the best software for your business. If you are looking for a free survey maker to start with, you have landed on the right page!
In this article, we will explore the top free customer feedback software and apps that you can use to create and share effective feedback surveys and gather actionable insights from your customers to improve customer experience. We have covered their key features, ratings on popular platforms, and what they offer in their free plans.
- Customer feedback software is a digital tool that enables businesses to create and send surveys for collecting, analyzing, and managing customer feedback so that they can know how customers perceive their products and services, and how to improve them to create better customer experiences.
- A feedback software is important for your business to collect customer and user insights, measure & improve customer satisfaction, and ultimately grow your business.
- Choosing the right customer feedback software for your business is tricky. To make the right decision regarding this, you need to consider several aspects - your business objectives, features, scalability, and reliability of the software, how well the survey software you choose is able to meet your business requirements.
- You can consider some good free customer feedback software available in the market nowadays like Zonka Feedback, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, Hotjar, Qualtrics, and more.
- If you want to consider paid tools, there are also some good options like Hubspot, Survicate, Feedier, Qualtrics, and more that you can implement in your business to capture customer feedback.
- Zonka Feedback is one of the best customer feedback software which is equipped with amazing features to meet your business requirements. It helps you create & share surveys, and manage the overall customer experience. It also offers a free trial for 14 days for its paid plans.
Fuel Business Growth with Customer Feedback 🔥
Collect real-time, in-moment feedback at all touchpoints in customer journey and leverage feedback insights to transform customer experience.
15 Best Customer Feedback Software for Your Business
1. Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is one of the most reliable customer feedback tools which enables businesses to collect feedback effortlessly with the use of the latest technology. It enables you to collect feedback and its multi-channel survey distribution allows easy response tracking so that you can target different audiences with different surveys and still be able to make sense of all the customer feedback you have collected.
Using Zonka Feedback's customer feedback software, you can measure feedback across the most important CX metrics, including Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) Score, and Customer Effort Score (CES). Moreover, you can collect quick and in-the-moment feedback using its free customer feedback app.
- Multi-channel feedback tool that allows you to collect feedback through email, SMS, survey link, QR code, mobile app, mobile, tablet, kiosk and website surveys through feedback widgets like popup surveys, bottom bars, slideup surveys, and feedback buttons.
- Survey creation can be done with a few clicks; no need for coding and technical knowledge.
- 100+ ready-to-use survey templates for various industries including metric survey templates - NPS survey template, CSAT survey template, and CES template.
- Multilingual surveys (30+ languages).
- Automated workflows and closing the customer feedback loop.
- Feedback segmentation and tagging.
- Multiple feedback widget types for website, in-app, and in-product survey collection
- Real-time alerts, notifications, and response actions.
- Reporting and analysis to retrieve insightful data and trends from responses.
- Unified response inbox.
- Survey logic and question branching to create dynamic surveys and provide respondents with personalized survey experiences.
- Mobile-responsive customer surveys
- G2: 4.7/5
- Capterra: 4.8/5
Zonka Feedback Free Plan Includes:
- Multichannel feedback collection through website and in-product
- 10k web sessions or 1k MTUs/month
- 3 users
- 10 questions per survey
- Metric surveys - NPS, CAT, CES
- Basic analytics and reports
- Simple website intercept
- Ready-to-use integrations with Zapier, Integrately, Make, Slack, Microsoft Teams
- Static Segments
- Response notifications
Pricing: Zonka Feedback paid plans start from $49/month. It also offers a free trial of 14 days for all paid plans.
TypeForm is a popular, free customer feedback software that allows asking one question at a time so that the survey flows like a conversation. This works effectively in engaging customers and even increasing the survey response and completion rates.
- Pre built survey templates and 20+ question types for easy survey creation.
- Tailored follow-up questions through skip logic and question branching.
- Survey reports that can be synced to tools like Google Sheets and Zapier.
- Integrations like Slack, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and more.
- Plug ins of existing data like names and other information of the customers.
- Multiple distribution channels - email, social media, and on website through popup, side bar, and more.
- G2 : 4.5/5
- Capterra - 4.7/5
Typeform Free Plan includes:
- Unlimited surveys with a maximum of 10 questions
- Ten responses per survey per month
- Built-in photo and video libraries to create interactive and attractive surveys
- Custom layouts and themes
- Conditional survey logic
Pricing: Pricing of Typeform paid plans start from its Basic plan that costs $25/month.
If you are looking for customer feedback software with advanced analytics and more than just an interactive interface, you can explore the top Typeform alternatives here.
3. SoGoSurvey or Sogolytics
SoGoSurvey’s free customer feedback software is ideal for businesses of all sizes. This means that if you are currently operating at a small scale and using this software, you can continue using it free of cost even when you plan to expand. If your focus is more than just customer feedback collection, you may need to invest in the paid plan that offers additional benefits like integration and branding.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use online survey maker with ready-to-use survey templates.
- Powerful survey logic and question branching.
- Built-in automation and seamless integration.
- Customizable and interactive dashboard to monitor experiences at every touchpoint of the customer journey.
- Multiple channels to share surveys - website embedding & survey popups, social media, QR codes, SMS, email, offline mode.
- Instant alerts.
- Closing the feedback loop at various channels - phone, email, SMS, chatbot, and more.
- Predictive analysis to drive impact decisions.
- 24/7 support assistance.
- G2: 4.5/5
- Capterra: 4.7/5
SoGoSurvey Free Plan includes:
- Unlimited surveys with a maximum of 100 responses per year
- Template bank with customizable forms
- Question types, including Likert scale, radio button, rating scale, emoji scale, etc.
- Audio or video embedding to improve the quality of survey forms
- Social media sharing
- SSL encryption to protect participants’ data
Pricing: Pricing of paid plans start from $25/month.
SurveyMonkey is an effective customer feedback software that allows creating both long and short surveys at different customer touchpoints. You can measure feedback across all CX metrics using existing survey templates. You can also use the website feedback widget to create website surveys.
- Survey templates to save time and get started with collecting customer feedback.
- Skip logic, question branching, and answer piping.
- Integrations with 120+ systems like Salesforce, Marketo, and Tableau.
- Feedback analysis, and closing the feedback loop.
- Team collaboration on one platform.
- G2: 4.4/5
- Capterra: 4.6/5
SurveyMonkey Free Plan includes:
- Unlimited surveys with a maximum of 10 responses
- Readymade templates and multilingual surveys
- Survey reports with filters to segment responses based on the type
- Survey customization
Pricing: SurveyMonkey's paid plans start from its Individual Standard Monthly plan that costs ₹899/ month.
However, its lower-pricing plans may not offer many functionalities. If you are looking for great features at a lower price, you should explore SurveyMonkey alternatives to find features like advanced reporting, display logic support, and more at a lower price.
JotForm is one of the most popular online survey tools and customer feedback software packed with flexible features that not just help effectively gather feedback but also enable payment collection through forms. You can use conditional logic, automate workflows, generate insightful reports, and much more.
The free customer feedback software is great for businesses with advanced needs and who want to gauge actionable insights from all the feedback received.
- No code software with easy drag-and-drop operations to create survey forms.
- Predesigned survey templates to create forms, tables, PDF, and more with forms themes store.
- Conditional logic to show or hide questions based on previous responses.
- White-labeling of forms to add your own branding.
- Multilingual ability to translate forms in 130+ languages.
- Report builder to convert your data into meaningful reports.
- Integration with various payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Worldpay UK, ApplePay & GooglePay, and more.
- G2: 4.7/5
- Capterra: 4.6/5
Jotform Free Plan includes:
- 5 surveys and a total of 100 responses per month
- The largest collection of free survey templates
- Integration with business tools
- Widgets for feedback, including e-signature, checklists, PDF embed, etc.
- 40+ payment gateways
Pricing: The starting price of Jotform is $34/month.
If you are looking for customer feedback software that serves a similar purpose but offers a distinct experience, you can check the list of top Jotform alternatives.
6. Zoho Survey
Zoho Survey is another free customer feedback software that has good ratings and is highly preferred by brands. The free tool, however, doesn’t have advanced features like conditional survey logic or integrations.
- 25+ question types including multiple choice, ranking, matrix, rating, image, dropdown, and more.
- Skip logic to skip or hide certain questions and pages.
- 200+ templates for frequently used survey types set by experts.
- Multilingual surveys with a support of 30+ languages.
- Custom variables to pass on customer's information with a unique identifier like email.
- Advanced reporting options and analysis with real-time reports filter, custom reports, with multiple export formats.
- G2: 4.4/5
- Capterra: 4.6/5
Zoho Survey Free Plan includes:
- Unlimited surveys with 100 responses per survey
- 250+ survey templates
- Real-time responses
- Survey Building in 26 langauges
- Mobile-friendly surveys
- Website surveys that can be embedded directly into the web page
Pricing: Zoho Survey's paid plans start from its Plus plan that costs ₹600/month.
7. Crowd Signal
Crowd Signal is the work of the team behind WordPress.com. It is one of the most effective free customer feedback software which records responses as signals from the customers. It also allows creating quick polls so you can capture the general sentiments of your customers without requiring detailed responses to long customer surveys.
- 14 question and form types including multiple choice, free type, and Likert scale.
- Customizable surveys with themes and colors to choose.
- Ability to bring your own domain and share your own URL.
- Real-time survey results.
- 24/7 support with over 250 Happiness Engineers.
- Multiple distribution channels including on-premises, email, website embedding, and popups.
- G2: 4.2/5
- Capterra: 3.6/5
Crowd Signal or PollDaddy Free Plan includes:
Pricing: Paid plan starts from $15/month. It also comes with a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
8. Fynzo Survey
Fynzo Survey is an easy-to-use customer feedback software to help you increase your productivity and engagement with customers. With attractive survey designs, this tool is widely used across countries to collect feedback and offer various customized services.
With ready-to-use templates and various integration options like Zapier, Mailchimp, Google Sheets, etc. you can easily automate your feedback process.
- 500+ readymade survey templates to create surveys.
- Real-time feedback collection with live notifications.
- Works offline without internet.
- Data security with security alerts and notifications.
- Integrations with multiple apps like Slack, Zapier, Facebook pixel, and more.
- Multiple channels to collet feedback - SMS, email, QR codes, and popular social media like WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Reporting, analysis, and team collaboration.
- 24/7 support via call, WhatsApp, and email.
- G2: 4.4/5
Fynzo Survey Free Plan includes:
- Intuitive feedback form creation with multiple customization options
- Skip logic to show customers the questions relevant to them
- 500+ ready-to-use templates
- Real-time notifications
- Integrations like Zapier, Mailchimp, and others to automate the feedback process
Pricing: Paid plan of the software starts from $21/month. It offers a free trial for 14 days.
9. Proprofs Survey Maker
ProProfs Survey Maker is a free and feature-rich customer feedback software that empowers businesses to gather valuable customer insights and feedback. With its intuitive interface and advanced features, it is an excellent tool for creating surveys, quizzes, polls, and assessments that can help organizations improve their customer experience and enhance their products or services.
- Library of 100+ professionally designed survey templates with ready-to-use questions.
- Customization and branding options to edit logo, themes, colors, graphic.
- Advanced reporting with presentation-ready reports and export analytics.
- Integrations with CRM and marketing automation software to follow up with your respondents.
- Multiple channels to distribute surveys - email, social media, SMS, in-app and website through sidebar forms and popups.
- G2: 4.3/5
- Capterra: 4.8/5
ProProfs Survey Maker’s free features includes:
- Most features with a limitation of 10 responses/month.
Pricing: Paid plans start from its email survey Individual Essential plan that costs $19/month.
Hotjar is a website and user feedback software that businesses use to collect feedback through creating surveys and polls. This customer feedback software enables you to access heatmaps and user recordings to analyze feedback and user behavior and get valuable user insights.
- Options for the users to highlight parts of your web pages they like or hate to identify areas of improvement.
- Intuitive dashboard, allowing users at every level to easily understand and analyze customer intelligence.
- User-targeted surveys at various touchpoints like at the moment of churn.
- 16+ question types to use in surveys and 40+ languages to receive feedback
- Intuitive feedback widgets
- User feedback score comparison to spot underperforming pages.
- Adaptive text analysis with industry-specific and customer-focused NLP analysis to extract valuable insights.
- G2: 4.3/5
- Capterra: 4.7/5
Hotjar free plan includes:
- Unlimited heatmaps
- Automatic recordings with over 1000 sessions/day
- 3 surveys with unlimited questions
- 60 user interviews per year
- 3 free feedback widgets in 40+ languages.
Pricing: Paid plans start from $32/month.
One limitation of Hotjar is that it doesn't support email and SMS surveys. If you are looking to share your surveys via email and SMS, you can check out these Hotjar alternatives.
Qualtrics is a leading customer experience management software and one of the top free in-app feedback tools that empower organizations to gather and analyze customer feedback data from customers through free online surveys. It enables businesses to survey their customers at the moment across multiple channels and see real-time data collection and analysis on a single platform.
- 50+ expert survey templates and 100+ question types to create customized feedback surveys.
- Advanced survey logic and question branching capabilities.
- Easy-to-use interface with drag-and-drop operations.
- Multiple channels to share your surveys - email, chatbot, SMS, contact management, web, social media, QR codes, and offline surveys.
- Predictive sentiment analytics to anticipate customers’ future needs and predict what they’ll do next.
- G2: 4.4/5
- Capterra: 4.7/5
Qualtrics Free Plan Includes:
- 50+ online survey templates designed by industry experts.
- 500 responses.
- 8 question types.
- Online reporting with summary reports and filtering.
- Skip logic and question branching.
- 4 survey themes to choose from.
- Advanced reports and filters
- Survey distribution through contact management, web, email, social media, and QR codes
Pricing: Paid plan details are not provided on the website for this customer feedback software. You can contact their team to learn more details about the customized paid plans.
If you want to go beyond the limits of the free plans in the near future and look for a budget tool that you can pay for when your business grows, then Qualtrics can be expensive and might not fit under the budget. You can check out the top Qualtrics alternatives for this purpose.
Along with the above free customer feedback software and apps, let's explore some good options for paid customer feedback tools that you can use to gather customer feedback and leverage it to improve customer experiences.
Some Paid Customer Feedback Software for your Business
Hubspot is a well-known marketing, sales, and customer relationship management platform that offers a range of tools and features to help businesses attract and engage customers, collect customer feedback, and spot opportunities to make your customers happier by taking action on it to create delightful customer experiences for them.
- Wide range of questions and customizable survey templates.
- Multiple channels to collect feedback like web link and emails.
- Metrics surveys - NPS survey, CSAT survey, and CES survey to gauge and improve customer satisfaction and customer loyalty at various touchpoints.
- Analysis and reporting capabilities to measure customer happiness and identify feedback trends.
- Feedback automation and streamlined feedback collection process.
- Seamless integrations with CRM and other marketing tools.
- G2 - 4.4/5
- Capterra - 4.5/5
Pricing: Paid plans start from $18/month with limited functionalities, whereas professional plans start from $800/month.
You can also integrate Hubspot with Zonka Feedback or other feedback management tools to start measuring your customer experience and boost satisfaction.
Qualaroo is another good customer feedback software and among the top free in-app feedback tools that businesses prefer to use because of its amazing features, such as advanced targeting.
It is ideal for collecting website feedback because of its feedback widgets for pop-up surveys called Nudges that enable brands to ask the right questions at the most appropriate time. It is also effective in growing website leads.
- Mobile-responsive surveys
- Ability to create free surveys online and asynchronous code for website surveys so they don’t slow the website
- In-app surveys using its free customer feedback app
- Closed and open-ended questions
- G2: 4.4/5
- Capterra: 4.7/5
Pricing: Pricing starts from $19/month for email surveys and $69/month for contextual surveys.
It also offers a free trial for 15 days.
Survicate is another paid customer feedback software that helps businesses to collect customer feedback in minutes. With its effortless setup and user-friendly interface, it simplifies the process of customer feedback collection. Let’s explore its key features.
- No-code drag-and-drop survey creator to build surveys within minutes.
- Customizable survey templates including metric surveys - Net Promoter Score, Customer Satisfaction Score and Customer Effort Score.
- Easy native integrations with other tools like Google Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce and more.
- Automated recurring surveys to collect valuable customer insights constantly.
- Multiple channels to share surveys - website, in-product, email, mobile links.
- Response matrix to understand your survey collection data
- G2: 4.7/5
- Capterra: 4.5/5
Pricing: Starting price of the tool is $53/month. Its business plan costs $117/month and the Enterprise plan is a custom plan.
It also offers a free trial for 10 days.
Feedier is an AI-powered customer experience management platform that businesses use to collect, organize, centralize, measure, and transform all customer data into customer intelligence that helps to identify customers’ pain points and resolve their issues. It follows an innovative approach to collecting feedback and focuses on making the customer experience with the survey interesting and rewarding for the respondents.
- Gamification of survey forms to make survey experience exciting and rewarding for the respondents.
- Variety of questions to use in surveys and campaigns like switch, scale, images, sliders and satisfaction tables.
- Multiple distribution channels - SMS, email, web in-app feedback widget, QR codes and integrated forms.
- Innovative dashboard with KPIs
- Text analysis powered by AI
- Sentiment Analysis to identify specific keywords in feedback to gauge customer sentiment.
- Real-time reports that can be shared with your teams.
- G2: 4.5/5
- Capterra: 4.7/5
Pricing: Feedier offers basically two plans viz., Feedier Guarantees, and Feedier Enterprise plan with options for add-ons. The price of the tool is not provided on the website, you need to contact their Sales team and get a personalized quote.
FAQs on Custmer Feedback Software
1. What is a customer feedback software?
Customer Feedback Software is a digital tool that enables businesses to collect, manage, analyze, and take action on customer feedback, which thereby helps to improve products, services and the overall customer experience.
2. Why is customer feedback software important?
Customer feedback software is important for businesses to how customers perceive their experience with a business, and its products and services. It helps to:
- Provide valuable insights from the customers about their experiences.
- Measure and improve customer satisfaction with the products and services.
- Know customers' pain points and identify areas of improvement.
- Improve customers' experiences.
- Make better decisions for the business.
- Improve customer retention rates and reduce churn.
How do I pick a good customer feedback software for my business?
To choose the best customer feedback software for your business, you need to consider some crucial aspects to make sure the software you choose proves to be useful for your business.
- Your business requirements.
- Features of the software and app should match with the features you need.
- Scalability of the software to make sure it matches your requirements even when your business grows in the near future.
- Ease of use so that you and your employees and use it effortlessly.
- Data security to ensure the customers' data is safe and secure.
- Pricing of the software if you are opting for a paid version, to ensure it does not go over budget for your business.
- User reviews and ratings to gauge the software's performance and reliability.
- Trial period to ensure you get enough time to experiment with the software before finally implementing it into your business.
Most customer feedback software would have a limited free trial available. You can try the tool out to see if it works well for your brand. However, if you think that you may not be able to explore all the free features in just a few days, you can use the best survey apps that have a completely free package available as well.
The descriptions of the top free customer feedback software above will certainly help you get started without many trials and errors.
If you are looking for a powerful CSAT tool that helps you create effective surveys and share through multiple online and offline channels, Zonka Feedback is one of the best options for you. It not only helps you collect feedback, but also enables you take timely actions on it and improve customer satisfaction and overall experience. You can schedule a demo with Zonka Feedback and see how it works for your business.