A good Website Experience is the key to conversions. But if your visitors do not find your website user-friendly, and face issues like long page-loading time, inconsistent information, cluttered interface, they can straightaway leave your website without even exploring your products, forget about buying them.
But how will know how your website users feel about their website experience? Here comes the need for a Website Feedback Software that helps you create actionable surveys to gauge User Experience with your website. To make your surveys powerful enough to get meaningful user insights, it is necessary to ask the right questions from the users to collect Website Feedback.
Start Collecting Visitor Feedback Today
Sign up for Zonka Feedback and start asking your users what works for them (and what doesn’t) on your website.
So we are here for you with top 45 questions that you can ask in your Website Usability Surveys to collect Website Feedback and gauge User Experience. You can use these questions straightaway as templates. You need not necessarily use all of them, however, you can choose the ones that suit your survey requirements.
Important Website Usability Survey Questions
We have divided the survey questions for website usability testing into categories to help you understand with ease. You can also refer to website user experience survey templates to instantly start conducting website surveys.
General Usability Survey Questions
The general website usability testing survey is aimed at understanding the overall usability of your website in terms of what the users like or dislike. It also allows them to share any challenges on the website as well as suggestions that can improve the overall accessibility or usability of the website.
1. How often do you visit this website?
2. What did you like the most or what stood out for you on our website?
3. Would you like to change anything on our website?
4. On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend our website to your friends and colleagues?
5. Did you face any challenges while using our website?
6. Feel free to share any comments of suggestions you may have.
Design Usability Survey Questions
The majority of first impressions are made based on the website design. So, you must ensure that the users are engaged immediately as they land on your website.
This kind of website usability survey focuses on the appearance of the website, i.e., the design of the website. The design may include different elements based on your niche, for example, colors, font, size, images, links, buttons, etc. The aim of using these website design survey questions is to understand whether the website is appealing and intuitively attractive.
7. How satisfied are you with the design of our website?
8. How would you rate the color palette chosen for our website?
9. Were you able to clearly differentiate between links and the other content?
10. How useful and relevant did you find the images?
Mobile-Responsiveness Usability Survey Questions
74 out of 100 users are more likely to revisit your website if it is mobile-responsive or mobile-friendly. Therefore, you can use these sample survey questions for website usability to understand if users can access it on their smartphones with ease:
11. How would you rate the usability of our website on your smartphone?
12. How would you rate the design of our website on your smartphone?
13. Was the size of widgets and web controls appropriate for your mobile device?
14. Please rate the ease of accessing all our website features on your mobile phone.
15. Did the website render fine on your mobile browser?
Website Redesigning Survey Questions
Website redesign is done after testing the website and its usability. So, to understand how the overall website is perceived and to highlight the changes or new additions you may need in the next iteration, you can use these website usability survey questions:
16. How would you rate the usability of our website?
17. What did you like the most on our existing website?
18. Could you please help us to know the aspects that you dislike on our existing website?
19. Is there anything you would like to see on our new website which is missing in our existing website?
20. We would love to get your suggestions to help us improve our website to make it better for you.
Navigation Usability Survey Questions
Navigation is one of the top elements of a website that determine its performance. It is essential to have the fastest VPS hosting for good navigation and website performance So, you can use these website usability survey questions to find out if the users are able to easily navigate to what they are looking for:
21. How would you rate the ease of navigation on our website?
22. Are you able to use all the links on our website?
23. Do you feel that all the links on our website take you to the right page?
24. Were you able to easily navigate to your desired page?
Content Usability Survey Questions
The content of your website decides whether or not your website is worth spending time on. So, while creating website content, you must ensure that the users get the most accurate information without putting in much effort. These website usability survey questions will help you cover all feedback in terms of content:
25. How would you rate the effectiveness of the content on our website?
26. How useful did you find the content on our website?
27. Did you find the website content relevant?
28. How helpful did you find the content on this page?
29. Were you easily able to find the content you were looking for?
30. How would you rate content clarity on our website?
31. How would you rate the conciseness of the content on our website?
32. Do you agree that the content on our website presented in the right format?
33. Do you think the content could have been presented in a better way?
34. Were you able to play the video inside the website without any extra controls required?
35. Was the audio clearly audible?
36. Did you find the speed of the audio optimum to understand the content clearly?
Payment Experience Survey Questions
Users adding items to the cart but exiting without making a purchase because of a payment-related challenge is not uncommon. Sometimes, the payment may take too long or a certain payment method may not be available. Such challenges do not only impact the brand image but also impact conversions dramatically.
To eliminate such issues before they drive away potential customers, you can use these payment-related website usability survey questions:
37. How would you rate the payment security on our website?
38. How would you rate the availability of payment methods on our website?
39. Were you able to make the payment quickly without any jitters?
40. Is there a payment method that you feel is missing on our website?
41. Based on your payment experience, how likely would you recommend our website to your friends on a scale of 0 to 10?
Performance Usability Survey Questions
A good website must load quickly and help visitors accomplish their goals without wasting any time. Therefore, you must keep in mind aspects like loading time, image size, etc., to develop a well-performing website.
Here are some survey questions for website usability testing to gauge the overall performance of your website:
42. How satisfied are you with the website loading time?
43. Were you able to easily retrieve your details on our website?
44. Were you able to quickly and smoothly save your data on our website?
45. Based on the overall performance, how likely are you to recommend our website to your friends and colleagues on a scale of 0 to 10?
While choosing the right questions, it is important to understand first what you are looking to measure, and then choose the right questions as per your survey requirements.
If you’re looking at getting started with your Website Surveys, sign up for a free trial with Zonka Feedback to choose from different Website Survey Templates and questions and start measuring Website Feedback.
Read More to Learn about:
Ways to Use the Website Feedback Widget
Best Ways to Use Website Surveys
Getting Started with Website Embedded Surveys