E-commerce surveys are only relevant and result-driven if you ask the right questions, in the best way, at the perfect time. Asking the right survey question at the right time helps you quickly identify and understand the consumers’ requirements, pain points, sentiments, and behavioral aspects. Make sure the website survey questions you ask should match your survey goals. It enables you to target your survey better to the right audience and subsequently helps you gather valuable customer data.
We know that - It can be hard for you to choose relevant eCommerce survey questions that help you drive valuable information. So, we have compiled 50+ E-commerce Survey Questions that enable you to gather relevant information. Beyond that, we have also shared some tips for where and when to display your website survey.
Fuel Business Growth with Customer Feedback 🔥
Collect real-time, in-moment feedback at all touchpoints in customer journey and leverage feedback insights to transform customer experience.
eCommerce Survey Questions - Important Templates for Effective Customer Surveys
To better understand eCommerce surveys, try out our free website feedback templates with eCommerce survey questions. The survey consists of NPS survey to measure how likely customers are to recommend your business to their friends or family, followed by an open ended question to capture the customer perception of your brand.
Where to Use eCommerce Survey Questions?
eCommerce survey questions aren’t necessarily sent after customers make transactions. They can help in gauging different customer experiences both before and after the transaction. Here are the main channels that you can display send your eCommerce surveys through:
Let's understand each in detail:
An eCommerce website is the most ideal platform to collect eCommerce platform feedback since it allows measuring feedback both before and after the purchase. Based on the kind of website feedback widget you wish to use and the outcome expected, you can modify the survey questions.
Here’s a brief explanation of the feedback widgets you can use on a website:
- Feedback Button: A feedback button is a simple button that you can place anywhere on your website. When clicked, a website feedback button opens a survey inside a pop-up window.
- Popup Survey: A website popup survey is also called an intercept survey which pops up at the predefined triggers to collect relevant feedback. For example, a popup survey can be triggered right after a transaction to collect feedback on the purchase.
- Side Tab Survey: A side tab survey slides out from the side taking up minimal screen space. It appears when you click on the feedback button sitting on the side tab.
- Embedded Survey: An embedded survey, unlike a feedback widget, is inserted directly into the website page. The embedded survey question is usually page-specific and the eCommerce survey question appears directly as a part of the web page. A feedback poll on a blog is a good example.
Email surveys, when looking to capture eCommerce feedback, are sent after the transactions. Though you can also use email surveys to capture generic or page-specific website feedback, the participation rate may be low plus you may not be able to capture feedback at the right time.
However, you can always use email surveys for post-transaction and post-delivery feedback.
Here’s how you can collect email feedback:
Email Survey Link or Button: You can use this option to add a survey link or feedback button, which when clicked, opens a survey in the web browser.
Email Embedded Survey: This survey feature allows you to add a survey question directly to the email body. This means that the survey participants can answer the email embedded survey questions directly in the email body. However, to view the rest of the survey, they will be redirected to the survey on the web browser.
In-Signature Survey: An email signature or in-signature survey allows embedding a survey button or a survey question in the email signature. This is great for customer service feedback since agents can use an email signature survey in ongoing communication and get feedback on their performance or support offered in real-time.
You can read our blog post Customer Service Feedback: In-Signature Surveys vs. Email Embedded Surveys to learn how each can help.
Ecommerce survey questions can also be sent via SMS, which enables faster and more frequent feedback collection. This is because the SMS open rate is 98%, which can improve the survey participation rate dramatically.
An eCommerce SMS survey consists of a survey link that opens in the browser to allow participants to share their responses. Moreover, with AI-based SMS survey software, you can also automate SMS surveys and send them to your customers at the right time. For example, a post-purchase SMS survey can be triggered automatically after customers place an order to gauge their shopping experience. Similarly, post-delivery SMS surveys can be sent after the product is delivered.
When to Use eCommerce Survey Questions?
You can capture feedback at important touchpoints to capture relevant and insightful feedback. The top use cases include:
Generic Website Feedback
A general website feedback survey is aimed at understanding how a website is perceived by users in terms of design, functionality, usability, etc. A generic website survey is usually added to the home screen. Generic eCommerce survey questions can either be embedded directly into the web page or added to a popup survey, a super useful website feedback widget. This way, you can set the survey to be triggered at the most perfect time, for example, after a user goes through at least 70% of the home page, which makes sure that the feedback you receive is genuine and insightful.
Exit Intent Feedback
An exit intent survey is a website popup survey that helps in understanding the users’ intent behind exiting a website without making a purchase. It appears on the screen automatically as soon as the user moves towards the ‘close’ button and hasn’t made a purchase yet. The survey consists of one or more questions to help brands understand what can be improved to reduce the bounce rate and increase conversions.
Here’s an exit intent survey example:
Cart Abandonment Feedback
This is a cart abandonment feedback survey that you can set to be triggered when the user tends to exit the website after adding items to the cart but not placing the order. This helps in understanding what prevented users from completing their purchases. You can uncover issues like unavailability of products, absence of a payment method, purchase errors, etc.
Post-purchase feedback surveys are sent after customers place an order. The eCommerce survey questions in a post-purchase or post transaction survey are aimed at understanding how easy or difficult it was for customers to place an order on the website. This, in turn, also helps in understanding what can be done better to improve the shopping experience on your eCommerce website.
You can send post-purchase surveys via SMS or mobile. You can also embed a website survey directly into the order confirmation page to capture purchase feedback instantly and get feedback from the fresh shopping experience.
Post-delivery feedback surveys consist of eCommerce survey questions aimed at collecting feedback across factors like the quality of the product, the delivery time, etc. To collect post-delivery feedback, you can use product delivery survey or shopping experience survey like email surveys, SMS surveys, print a QR code with a survey link on top of the package or the product, and even have the delivery partner take on-site feedback using a mobile or tablet survey app.
Customer Support Feedback
There are challenges of eCommerce which are pretty easy to resolve. Customer support feedback helps identify complaint or challenge trends, which reduces the volume of tickets and speeds up the lead conversion process. You can trigger customer support eCommerce survey questions immediately after the customer support via call or chat if you’re going for an email or SMS survey. For customers seeking support through helpdesk pages, knowledge-base, help articles, and blogs, you can use website surveys. It uncovers various crucial things like - ease of accessing help-based content, helpfulness of your customer support agents, effectiveness and ease of problem resolution, etc.
Product review eCommerce survey questions are aimed at collecting testimonials or reviews of a product from customers who gave a high satisfaction score post-delivery. It is a simple open-ended product review survey that allows customers to share their experience with the product in their own words. If you’re selling digital products such as online courses, product review surveys are important for attracting new students through social proof.
E-commerce Survey Questions
While designing your survey, ask simple and non-intrusive questions so that your customers or respondents can freely share their reviews and opinions for your brand or business. Keep the language of your question simple and understandable. Avoid asking leading questions that reflect your own opinions and preferences.
If you ask any scale-based questions, make sure your scale should be consistent throughout the survey. Sometimes, your audiences are not in the mood to share their feedback in words or long sentences, so include intelligent close-ended survey questions in the Yes or No form, MCQs, or ratings.
Regardless of what type of e-commerce business you are working on, our expert E-commerce Survey Questions are helpful to drive insightful data based on which you can take action to improve your visitors’ shopping experience.
Top 60 E-commerce Survey Questions for 2021
- Did you satisfied with the overall experience?
- How well does our business meet your needs?
- How can we improve your experience?
- Do you have anything else to add?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely would you recommend us to a friend or colleague?
- Have you ordered [PRODUCT] from us before?
- Did you find enough range of products?
- Which other options did you consider before choosing our product?
- How well does our product meet your needs?
- How satisfied are you with the quality of products?
- What do you like most/least about our product?
- Which features are the most valuable to you?
- How easy is our product to use?
- What problem would you like to solve with our product?
- How responsive have we been to your questions or concerns about our products?
- What do you think about the pricing of our products?
- How does our product is different from that of competitors?
- If you could change one thing about our product, what would it be and why?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that you could recommend our product to a friend or colleague?
- How did you learn about our website?
- How easy is it for you to navigate our website?
- Do you always shop on our website?
- What makes you visit our website?
- Did something go wrong on our website?
- Would you recommend our website to others?
- How can we improve our website?
- Were you able to find the information you were looking for on our website?
- Compared to our competitors, is our website is better, worse, or about the same?
- On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely will you recommend our website to a friend or colleague?
- How often do you shop on this site?
- What is the issue you face with shopping online?
- How was your checkout experience at our store?
- How was your payment experience at our store?
- Would you like to share your contact details?
- Do you feel safe while sharing your card details?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to buy from our store again?
- Are you satisfied with the products in your order?
- Did our product meet your expectations?
- What did you love the most about the experience?
- What are the other items you want to purchase from our store?
- What convinced you to buy from us?
- How easy was it for you to finalize the purchase?
- Do you purchase from us again in the future?
- How would you rate your overall experience?
- What can we do to improve your purchase experience?
- What stopped you from completing your purchase?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend us to family and friends?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: The company made it easy to handle my issue.
- How valuable are the customer support sources we provide?
- How responsive our customer support team was?
- How helpful was our customer support team?
- Did our customer support staff solve your query?
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely will you recommend our customer support staff to a friend or colleague?
- Did you receive your order within the expected timeline?
- Did you receive your order at the shipping address?
- How was our delivery agent?
- Did our delivery agent behave professionally?
- Please rate your experience with the delivery personnel.
- How satisfied are you with the quality of our delivery services?
- How can we improve our delivery services?
General E-commerce Survey Questions
These questions help you to gauge the overall experience of your visitors regarding your website. It is always good to ask these questions at the beginning of the survey as it leaves you with some data in your hand, even if the respondent leaves the survey without completing it. This further helps you in the lead generation process. Some of the best general E-commerce survey questions:
1. Did you satisfied with the overall experience?
2. How well does our business meet your needs?
3. How can we improve your experience?
4. Do you have anything else to add?
5. On a scale of 0-10, how likely would you recommend us to a friend or colleague?
Product Survey Questions
The quality of your products and services determines the purchase decision of your buyers. Thus, your products need constant upgradation and improvement to compete in the market. Taking product feedback from your customers or visitors helps you understand your products’ pros and cons and improve them to make them audience-centric. Here are few product survey questions you can include in your product feedback form:
6. Have you ordered [PRODUCT] from us before?
7. Did you find enough range of products?
8. Which other options did you consider before choosing our product?
9. How well does our product meet your needs?
10. How satisfied are you with the quality of products?
11. What do you like most/least about our product?
12. Which features are the most valuable to you?
13. How easy is our product to use?
14. What problem would you like to solve with our product?
15. How responsive have we been to your questions or concerns about our products?
16. What do you think about the pricing of our products?
17. How does our product is different from that of competitors?
18. If you could change one thing about our product, what would it be and why?
19. On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that you could recommend our product to a friend or colleague?
E-commerce Website Survey Questions
Your E-commerce website is likely to be the first interaction point for potential customers or visitors to seek information about your store or products. Thus, E-commerce Website Surveys help you to capture customer feedback and analyze the performance of your website. Based on the survey responses, you can easily optimize your website performance to ensure an excellent store experience for your visitors or customers. Some best survey questions to analyze the performance of your E-commerce website:
20. How did you learn about our website?
21. How easy is it for you to navigate our website?
22. Do you always shop on our website?
23. What makes you visit our website?
24. Did something go wrong on our website?
25. Would you recommend our website to others?
26. How can we improve our website?
27. Were you able to find the information you were looking for on our website?
28. Compared to our competitors, is our website is better, worse, or about the same?
29. On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely will you recommend our website to a friend or colleague?
Online Shopping Survey Questions
Purchase experience plays a crucial role in online shopping. If you provide a better experience, they'll not only buy from you but also recommend others and spread positive word of mouth for your brand. Thus, you need to measure the purchase experience of your customers using different online shopping survey questions.
30. How often do you shop on this site?
31. What is the issue you face with shopping online?
32. How was your checkout experience at our store?
33. How was your payment experience at our store?
34. Would you like to share your contact details?
35. Do you feel safe while sharing your card details?
36. On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to buy from our store again?
Post-Purchase E-commerce Survey Questions
Triggering a post-purchase survey right after purchase offers you a non-intrusive way to discover the positives and negatives of doing business with you. Further, these data can be fed into your marketing loop and used to improve your customers’ buying experience.
Some of the best Post-Purchase E-commerce survey questions you can use to measure real-time post-purchase experience and satisfaction are:
37. Are you satisfied with the products in your order?
38. Did our product meet your expectations?
39. What did you love the most about the experience?
40. What are the other items you want to purchase from our store?
41. What convinced you to buy from us?
42. How easy was it for you to finalize the purchase?
43. Do you purchase from us again in the future?
44. How would you rate your overall experience?
45. What can we do to improve your purchase experience?
46. What stopped you from completing your purchase?
47. On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend us to family and friends?
Customer Support Survey Questions
Poor customer service will churn your customers and cost your business $83 billion every year. (Click to tweet this). So, overlooking customer support services can be detrimental to your business. Based on what aspect of your customer service you are trying to measure, there are different survey questions like Customer Effort Score question, agent-specific, content-specific, and channel-specific questions. The responses help you extract insightful data and get a pulse on your customer support services.
48. To what extent do you agree with the following statement: The company made it easy to handle my issue.
49. How valuable are the customer support sources we provide?
50. How responsive our customer support team was?
51. How helpful was our customer support team?
52. Did our customer support staff solve your query?
53. On a scale of 1-10, how likely will you recommend our customer support staff to a friend or colleague?
Shipping and Delivery Survey Questions
The shipping and delivery satisfaction influences the overall customer experience. Overlooking the performance of your shipments and deliveries can harm the long-term success of your business. Thus, shipping surveys quickly track and identify the potential objects and fix them to streamline the shipping process. Some best Shipping and Delivery Survey Questions:
54. Did you receive your order within the expected timeline?
55. Did you receive your order at the shipping address?
56. How was our delivery agent?
57. Did our delivery agent behave professionally?
58. Please rate your experience with the delivery personnel.
59. How satisfied are you with the quality of our delivery services?
60. How can we improve our delivery services?
Create Effective Customer Survey with Zonka Feedback
Creating e-commerce surveys is no more rocket science. Thanks to Customer Feedback Software like Zonka Feedback that equipped businesses to create, capture, distribute, manage, and analyze eCommerce survey questions in a go.
In just 10 easy steps, you can create and manage E-commerce surveys in your Zonka Feedback account.
1. Add a New Survey - Start with adding a new survey on the dashboard. Navigate to Surveys (Manage > Surveys) from the left sidebar and click on the Add Survey button OR click on the (+) icon in the left sidebar and click on Add Survey.
2. Choosing the Type of Survey - You can build surveys either from the ready-to-use templates or build from scratch. For example, we have different templates for NPS Survey, CSAT Survey, CES Survey, Offline Survey, Mobile Survey, and General Surveys start from Scratch to build a completely new survey.
3. Customizing your Survey with Survey Builder - Survey Builder enables you to build and modify your surveys per your requirements. In addition, you can customize every element of your survey on the left-hand side, including survey name, theme, screen, settings, language, and survey questions.
4. Survey Setting - At Zonka Feedback, you can easily change or modify your survey functionalities with the help of our Survey Settings feature. Through this, you can swiftly choose the mode to capture the feedback data.
5. Add Questions to your Survey - In the builder, you have the category of questions to add to the survey on the left-hand side. Click on the respective question and add the questions to the survey. Further, the question gets reflected on the survey builder.
6. Personalize your survey experience by adding Survey Logic - Survey logic helps skip a set of questions when a certain condition is met in the survey. For example, if in an optional question Question 1, Option 1 is selected, then skip to Question 3 else continue moving with the next question, that is, Question 2. In the Survey Builder, navigate to which you'd like to add the logic, hover your mouse to the question and click on the Manage Logic Icon.
7. Set up your Exit / Thank you Screen - In Zonka, you can set up the Exit / Thank you Screen as per your taste and preferences. You can add a logo, customize brand them, color, and other elements.
8. Distribute your E-commerce survey - With Zonka Feedback, you can reach customers exactly where they are and distribute your surveys through various channels:
- Offline Survey App (Kiosk Surveys, Android Surveys, iPad Surveys) - When customers or buyers are in the store.
- Online Surveys (Survey Links, Email, SMSes, QR Codes) - When the buyer is not on-premise.
- Web Surveys (Web Embedded Surveys, Popover Surveys, Website Feedback Button) - Embed survey link on the E-commerce website.
9. Analyze the survey responses - Reports and Analytic module of Zonka Feedback automates all the collected data and gives you robust reports, graphs, and tablets to extract meaningful insights.
10. Integrations - With Zonka Feedback's integrations, you can automate the trigger of your e-commerce surveys or questions at various events like post-purchase and after the ticket is closed or sync feedback to your CRM and Help Desks. Learn more about Zonka Feedback integrations here!