Picture this: a world where you can read the minds of your customers, anticipate their needs, and tailor your eCommerce offerings with laser precision.
Well, it's not science fiction; it's the power of well-crafted eCommerce survey questions.
These unassuming queries, strategically placed at the right touchpoint in the customer journey, have the potential to revolutionize your business, boost your revenue, and transform one-time buyers into loyal brand advocates.
And we are well aware that it can be hard for you to choose relevant questions that help you drive valuable information. So, we have compiled 60+ eCommerce survey questions that enable you to gather relevant information. Beyond that, we have also shared some tips for where and when to display your surveys to boost effectiveness.
- eCommerce surveys are a powerful tool to collect customer feedback and identify ways to boost purchase experience for increased conversions and sales.
- However, the effectiveness of your surveys depends largely on your eCommerce survey questions, their placement, and timing.
- This blog covers the key questions you can ask your online store buyers based on their experience with the product, website, shopping experience, post-purchase, delivery, and more.
- You can send out your eCommerce survey questions via emails, SMS, and on your website itself. Even your eCommerce mobile app or product could be a great channel to ask for feedback from your eCommerce shoppers, identify their pain points, decipher buying trends, and make feedback-driven improvements to boost conversions.
- eCommerce surveys can be sent out across different stages in the buying journey to cover every touchpoint and ensure they have a seamless interaction from awareness to purchase and post-purchase to turn them into loyal advocates/repeat buyers.
- Zonka Feedback is a powerful eCommerce survey software that enables you to engage customers, collect their feedback, and transform their insights into actionable improvements to boost sales. You can sign up for a free trial or even schedule a demo to understand the functionalities of this software and let it fuel your eCommerce growth.
Fuel Business Growth with Customer Feedback 🔥
Collect real-time, in-moment feedback at all touchpoints in customer journey and leverage feedback insights to transform customer experience.
eCommerce Survey Questionnaire - Important Templates for Effective Customer Surveys
To better understand eCommerce surveys, try out our free website feedback templates with eCommerce survey questions. The survey consists of NPS surveys to measure how likely customers are to recommend your business to their friends or family, followed by an open-ended question to capture the customer perception of your brand.
Understanding eCommerce Survey Questions
eCommerce surveys are only relevant and result-driven if you ask the right questions, in the best way, at the perfect time. They help decipher the desires, pain points, and buying trends of the customers.
While designing your survey, ask simple and non-intrusive questions so that your customers or respondents can freely share their reviews and opinions of your brand or business. Keep the language of your question simple and understandable. Avoid asking leading questions that reflect your own opinions and preferences.
If you ask any scale-based questions, make sure your scale should be consistent throughout the survey. Sometimes, your audiences are not in the mood to share their feedback in words or long sentences, so include intelligent closed-ended questions in the Yes or No form, 1-5 rating questions, MCQs, smiley face surveys, or star surveys.
Regardless of what type of eCommerce business you are working on, our expert eCommerce survey questions are helpful to drive insightful data based on which you can take action to improve your visitors’ shopping experience and customer satisfaction.
Top 60 eCommerce Survey Questions for 2023
- Were you satisfied with the overall experience?
- How well does our business meet your needs?
- How can we improve your experience?
- Do you have anything else to add?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely would you recommend us to a friend or colleague?
- Have you ordered [PRODUCT] from us before?
- Did you find enough range of products?
- Which other options did you consider before choosing our product?
- How well does our product meet your needs?
- How satisfied are you with the quality of products?
- What do you like most/least about our product?
- Which features are the most valuable to you?
- How easy is our product to use?
- What problem would you like to solve with our product?
- How responsive have we been to your questions or concerns about our products?
- What do you think about the pricing of our products?
- How does our product is different from that of competitors?
- If you could change one thing about our product, what would it be and why?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that you could recommend our product to a friend or colleague?
- How did you learn about our website?
- How easy is it for you to navigate our website?
- Do you always shop on our website?
- What makes you visit our website?
- Did something go wrong on our website?
- Would you recommend our website to others?
- How can we improve our website?
- Were you able to find the information you were looking for on our website?
- Compared to our competitors, is our website better, worse, or about the same?
- On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely will you recommend our website to a friend or colleague?
- How often do you shop on this site?
- What is the issue you face with shopping online?
- How was your checkout experience at our store?
- How was your payment experience at our store?
- Would you like to share your contact details?
- Do you feel safe while sharing your card details?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to buy from our store again?
- Are you satisfied with the products in your order?
- Did our product meet your expectations?
- What did you love the most about the experience?
- What are the other items you want to purchase from our store?
- What convinced you to buy from us?
- How easy was it for you to finalize the purchase?
- Do you purchase from us again in the future?
- How would you rate your overall experience?
- What can we do to improve your purchase experience?
- What stopped you from completing your purchase?
- On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend us to family and friends?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: The company made it easy to handle my issue.
- How valuable are the customer support sources we provide?
- How responsive our customer support team was?
- How helpful was our customer support team?
- Did our customer support staff solve your query?
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely will you recommend our customer support staff to a friend or colleague?
- Did you receive your order within the expected timeline?
- Did you receive your order at the shipping address?
- How was our delivery agent?
- Did our delivery agent behave professionally?
- Please rate your experience with the delivery personnel.
- How satisfied are you with the quality of our delivery services?
- How can we improve our delivery services?
General eCommerce Survey Questions
These questions help you to gauge the overall experience of your visitors regarding your website. It is always good to ask these questions at the beginning of the survey as it leaves you with some data in your hand, even if the respondent leaves the survey without completing it. These could include your customer satisfaction survey questions, NPS survey questions, experience questions, suggestions, and other general questions about their perception of the brand.
Some of the best general eCommerce survey questions are:
1. Were you satisfied with the overall experience?
2. How well does our business meet your needs?
3. How can we improve your experience?
4. Do you have anything else to add?
5. On a scale of 0-10, how likely would you recommend us to a friend or colleague?
Product Survey Questions
The quality of your products and services determines the purchase decision of your buyers. Thus, your products need constant upgradation and improvement to compete in the market. Taking product feedback from your customers or visitors helps you understand your products’ pros and cons and improve them to make them audience-centric. These questions can be included in your retail surveys as well as online stores to gauge feedback about the product you offer.
Here are a few product survey questions you can include in your product feedback form:
6. Have you ordered [PRODUCT] from us before?
7. Did you find enough range of products?
8. Which other options did you consider before choosing our product?
9. How well does our product meet your needs?
10. How satisfied are you with the quality of products?
11. What do you like most/least about our product?
12. Which features are the most valuable to you?
13. How easy is our product to use?
14. What problem would you like to solve with our product?
15. How responsive have we been to your questions or concerns about our products?
16. What do you think about the pricing of our products?
17. How does our product is different from that of competitors?
18. If you could change one thing about our product, what would it be and why?
19. On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that you could recommend our product to a friend or colleague?
eCommerce Website Survey Questions
Your website is likely to be the first interaction point for potential customers or visitors to seek information about your store or products. Thus, eCommerce website surveys help you to collect customer feedback and analyze the performance of your website. Based on the website visitor experience survey responses, you can easily optimize your website performance to ensure an excellent store experience for your visitors or customers.
Some of the best survey questions to analyze the performance of your eCommerce website are:
20. How did you learn about our website?
21. How easy is it for you to navigate our website?
22. Do you always shop on our website?
23. What makes you visit our website?
24. Did something go wrong on our website?
25. Would you recommend our website to others?
26. How can we improve our website?
27. Were you able to find the information you were looking for on our website?
28. Compared to our competitors, is our website better, worse, or about the same?
29. On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely will you recommend our website to a friend or colleague?
Online Shopping Survey Questions
Purchase experience plays a crucial role in online shopping. If you provide a better experience, they'll not only buy from you but also recommend others and spread positive word of mouth for your brand. Thus, you need to measure the purchase experience of your customers using different online shopping survey questions. There are various online survey tools that integrate with your online store and help you collect feedback at each interaction or touchpoint to boost customer satisfaction.
Here are some of the most commonly used online shopping survey questions you can include in your survey:
30. How often do you shop on this site?
31. What is the issue you face with shopping online?
32. How was your checkout experience at our store?
33. How was your payment experience at our store?
34. Would you like to share your contact details?
35. Do you feel safe while sharing your card details?
36. On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to buy from our store again?
Post-Purchase eCommerce Survey Questions
Triggering a post-purchase survey right after purchase offers you a non-intrusive way to discover the positives and negatives of doing business with you. Further, these data can be fed into your marketing loop and used to improve your customers’ buying experience.
Some of the best post-purchase survey questions you can use to measure real-time post-purchase experience and satisfaction are:
37. Are you satisfied with the products in your order?
38. Did our product meet your expectations?
39. What did you love the most about the experience?
40. What are the other items you want to purchase from our store?
41. What convinced you to buy from us?
42. How easy was it for you to finalize the purchase?
43. Do you purchase from us again in the future?
44. How would you rate your overall experience?
45. What can we do to improve your purchase experience?
46. What stopped you from completing your purchase?
47. On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend us to family and friends?
Customer Support Survey Questions
Poor customer service will churn your customers and cost your business $83 billion every year. So, overlooking customer services can be detrimental to your business. Based on what aspect of your customer service you are trying to measure, there are different survey questions like customer effort score, agent-specific, content-specific, customer service survey questions, and channel-specific questions.
The responses help you extract insightful data and get a pulse on your customer support services. Some of the top question to gauge feedback about your support team or customer service representative are:
48. To what extent do you agree with the following statement: The company made it easy to handle my issue.
49. How valuable are the support sources we provide?
50. How responsive our customer support team was?
51. How helpful was our customer service team?
52. Did our support staff solve your query?
53. On a scale of 1-10, how likely will you recommend our customer support staff to a friend or colleague?
Shipping and Delivery Survey Questions
Shipping and delivery satisfaction influences the overall customer experience. Overlooking the performance of your shipments and deliveries can harm the long-term success of your business. Thus, shipping surveys quickly track and identify potential objects and fix them to streamline the shipping process.
Some best shipping and delivery survey questions are:
54. Did you receive your order within the expected timeline?
55. Did you receive your order at the shipping address?
56. How was our delivery agent?
57. Did our delivery agent behave professionally?
58. Please rate your experience with the delivery personnel.
59. How satisfied are you with the quality of our delivery services?
60. How can we improve our delivery services?
Where to Use eCommerce Survey Questions?
eCommerce survey questions play a crucial role in understanding customer experiences, not only after transactions but also before. By utilizing various channels, you can effectively gather valuable feedback from your customers. Let's explore the main channels through which you can display and send your eCommerce surveys: Website, Email, and SMS.
1. Website or In-Product Surveys for In-Moment Feedback
Your e-commerce website or your eCommerce app/product is the most ideal platform to collect eCommerce platform feedback since it allows you to measure feedback both before and after the purchase. Based on the kind of website feedback widget you wish to use and the outcome expected, you can modify the survey questions by incorporating the capabilities of generative AI.
Here’s a brief explanation of the feedback widgets you can use on a website:
- Feedback Button: A feedback button is a simple button that you can place anywhere on your website or product. When clicked, a website feedback button opens a survey inside a pop-up window.
- Popup Survey: A website popup survey is also called an intercept survey which pops up at the predefined triggers to collect relevant feedback. For example, a popup survey can be triggered right after a transaction to collect feedback on the purchase.
- Side Tab or Slide-up Survey: A side tab or slide-up survey slides out from the side or up from the bottom taking up minimal screen space. It appears when you click on the feedback button sitting on the side tab or at the bottom.
- Embedded Survey: An embedded survey, unlike a feedback widget, is inserted directly into the website page. The embedded survey question is usually page-specific and the eCommerce survey question appears directly as a part of the web page. A feedback poll on a blog is a good example.
2. Email Surveys for eCommerce Feedback
Email surveys, when looking to capture eCommerce feedback, are sent after the transactions. Though you can also use email surveys to capture generic or page-specific website feedback, the participation rate may be low plus you may not be able to capture feedback at the right time.
However, you can always use email surveys for post-transaction and post-delivery feedback.
You can use email survey links or buttons, email embed surveys, and in-signature surveys to gauge feedback through emails.
eCommerce survey questions can also be sent via text message using SMS survey software. This enables faster and more frequent feedback collection. This is because the SMS open rate is 98%, which can improve the survey participation rate dramatically.
An eCommerce SMS survey consists of a survey link that opens in the browser to allow participants to share their responses. Moreover, with AI-based SMS survey software, you can also automate SMS surveys and send them to your customers at the right time.
For example, a post-purchase SMS survey can be triggered automatically after customers place an order to gauge their shopping experience. Similarly, post-delivery SMS surveys can be sent after the product is delivered.
When to Use eCommerce Survey Questions?
You can capture feedback at important touchpoints to capture relevant and insightful feedback.
The top use cases include:
1. Generic Website Feedback
A general website feedback survey is aimed at understanding how a website is perceived by users in terms of design, functionality, usability, etc. This is usually added to the home screen. Generic eCommerce survey questions can either be embedded directly into the web page or added to a popup survey, a super useful eCommerce website feedback widget.
This way, you can set the survey to be triggered at the most perfect time, for example, after a user goes through at least 70% of the home page, which makes sure that the feedback you receive is genuine and insightful.
Here's a generic eCommerce website questionnaire- "How easy was it for you to find the items you were looking for?"
2. Exit Intent Feedback
An exit intent survey is a website popup survey that helps in understanding the users’ intent behind exiting a website without making a purchase. It appears on the screen automatically as soon as the user moves towards the ‘close’ button and hasn’t made a purchase yet. The survey consists of one or more questions to help brands understand what can be improved to reduce the bounce rate and increase conversions.
Here’s a sample eCommerce survey for exit intent- "What's stopping you from making a purchase with us today?"
3. Cart Abandonment Feedback
This is a cart abandonment feedback survey that you can set to be triggered when the user tends to exit the website after adding items to the cart but not placing the order. This helps in understanding what prevented users from completing their purchases. You can uncover issues like unavailability of products, absence of a payment method, purchase errors, etc.
Here is a sample eCommerce survey questionnaire for cart abandonment- "What stopped you from purchasing today?"
4. Post-Purchase Feedback
Post-purchase feedback surveys are sent after customers place an order. The eCommerce survey questions in a post-purchase or post-transaction survey are aimed at understanding how easy or difficult it was for customers to place an order on the website. This, in turn, also helps in understanding what can be done better to improve the shopping experience on your eCommerce website.
You can send post-purchase surveys via SMS or mobile. You can also embed a website survey directly into the order confirmation page to capture purchase feedback instantly and get feedback from the fresh shopping experience.
5. Post-Delivery Feedback
Post-delivery feedback surveys consist of eCommerce survey questions aimed at collecting feedback across factors like the quality of the product, the delivery time, etc. To collect post-delivery feedback, you can use product delivery survey or shopping experience survey like email surveys, SMS surveys, print a QR code with a survey link on top of the package or the product, and even have the delivery partner take on-site feedback using a mobile or tablet survey app.
Here is a sample question for the same: "How was your delivery experience?"
6. Customer Support Feedback
There are challenges of eCommerce which are pretty easy to resolve. Customer support feedback helps identify complaint or challenge trends, which reduces the volume of tickets and speeds up the lead conversion process. You can trigger customer support eCommerce survey questions immediately after the customer support via call or chat if you’re going for an email or SMS survey.
For customers seeking support through helpdesk pages, knowledge-base, help articles, and blogs, you can use website surveys. It uncovers various crucial things like - ease of accessing help-based content, helpfulness of your customer support agents, effectiveness and ease of problem resolution, etc.
Here is a quick customer support feedback question- "How helpful was our support staff in resolving your query?"
7. Product Review
Product review eCommerce survey questions are aimed at collecting testimonials or reviews of a product from customers who gave a high satisfaction score post-delivery. It is a simple open-ended product review survey that allows customers to share their experience with the product in their own words. If you’re selling digital products such as online courses, product review surveys are important for attracting new students through social proof.
Here is an eCommerce survey example for product review- "On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate our product?"
Create Effective Customer Survey with Zonka Feedback
Creating eCommerce surveys is no more rocket science. Thanks to Customer Feedback Software like Zonka Feedback, that equipped businesses to create, capture, distribute, manage, and analyze eCommerce survey questions in a go.
In just 10 easy steps, you can create and manage eCommerce surveys in your Zonka Feedback account.
1. Add a New Survey - Start with adding a new survey on the dashboard. Navigate to Surveys (Manage > Surveys) from the left sidebar and click on the Add Survey button OR click on the (+) icon in the left sidebar and click on Add Survey.
2. Choosing the Type of Survey - You can build surveys either from the ready-to-use templates or build from scratch. For example, we have different templates for NPS Survey, CSAT Survey, CES Survey, Offline Survey, Mobile Survey, and General Surveys starting from Scratch to build a completely new survey.
3. Customizing your Survey with Survey Builder - Survey Builder enables you to build and modify your surveys per your requirements. In addition, you can customize every element of your survey on the left-hand side, including survey name, theme, screen, settings, language, and survey questions.
4. Survey Setting - At Zonka Feedback, you can easily change or modify your survey functionalities with the help of our Survey Settings feature. Through this, you can swiftly choose the mode to capture the feedback data.
5. Add Questions to your Survey - In the builder, you have the category of questions to add to the survey on the left-hand side. Click on the respective question and add the questions to the survey. Further, the question gets reflected on the survey builder.
6. Personalize your survey experience by adding Survey Logic - Survey logic helps skip a set of questions when a certain condition is met in the survey. For example, if in an optional question, Question 1, Option 1 is selected, then skip to Question 3 else continue moving with the next question, that is, Question 2. In the Survey Builder, navigate to which you'd like to add the logic, hover your mouse to the question and click on the Manage Logic Icon.
7. Set up your Exit / Thank you Screen - In Zonka, you can set up the Exit / Thank you Screen as per your taste and preferences. You can add a logo, and customize the brand theme, color, and other elements.
8. Distribute your eCommerce survey - With Zonka Feedback, you can reach customers exactly where they are and distribute your surveys through various channels:
- Offline Survey App (Kiosk Surveys, Android Surveys, iPad Surveys) - When customers or buyers are in the store.
- Online Surveys (Survey Links, Email, SMSes, QR Codes) - When the buyer is not on-premise.
- Web Surveys (Web Embedded Surveys, Popover Surveys, Website Feedback Button) - Embed survey link on the eCommerce website.
9. Analyze the survey responses - Reports and Analytic module of Zonka Feedback automates all the collected data and gives you robust reports, graphs, and tablets to extract meaningful insights.
10. Integrations - With Zonka Feedback's integrations, you can automate the trigger of your eCommerce surveys or questions at various events like post-purchase and after the ticket is closed or sync feedback to your CRM and Help Desks. Learn more about Zonka Feedback integrations here!
With Zonka Feedback, you have the power to create a wide variety of eCommerce surveys that are tailored to your specific needs. Whether you want to gather feedback on your website's user experience, measure customer satisfaction with your products and services, or evaluate the effectiveness of your customer support and shipping processes, Zonka Feedback has got you covered.
The platform provides you with an intuitive survey builder that allows you to customize every aspect of your surveys. From the survey theme and design to the types of questions you ask, you have full control over how your surveys look and feel. You can even add survey logic to skip certain questions based on specific conditions, ensuring that your surveys are personalized and relevant to each respondent.
You can try Zonka Feedback for Free for 7 days and check the various features that it has to offer.